1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Give me your TDM maps!

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Eluded, May 27, 2016.

Tags:
Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

I'm hosting a TDM server and would like some fresh new maps for it.
    So please, if you've made a map post it here. If it looks good I'll add it to the map cycle and you'll get credit for it.
    Note the server is modded to be knight only currently, but I might change this at some point.

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I made a lot of tdm maps for a modded TDM with dashing.
    Check carefully which ones are appropiated and which aren't for a knight only server. I also tweaked some vanilla maps to have more than 1 tent to spawn, and maps in general have several spawns positions.

Attached Files:

3. Eluded

Eluded Haxor Official Server Admin

Wow, these are awesome! I'll definitely be adding most of these maps.

What's your creative process? I'm finding that trying to make a map by placing pixels directly makes it hard to visualize how it's going to look. Numpad's map editor is quite good but is a bit outdated and missing some useful features like flood fill, undo/redo and stuff.

4. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

I use Paint.NET and this palette
    https://forum.thd.vg/attachments/beta_palette_build963-png.29698/
    Once you get used to the pixel it's almost like visualizing the map. You can however Make a local server with the maps you're making in the mapcycle, modify them on the paint software, load them with KAG open and alt tabbing to make minor changes and visualize them on the go (by savinf the map and /loadmap ingame)
    Before that, start with dirt and sky as 1st and 2ndary colour, from there to more detail.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
Mods: Downburst, Mazey