1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Other games' started by DarkDain, Jan 15, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

IF your even remotely connected to the MMORPG market, then your dying for the release of GW2. Even if, like me, you werent such a fan of #1. I know its still a ways off before release or even open beta, but it'd still be nice to get started on gw2 connections to see whose up for it and what server, and maybe even flesh out a guild or find contacts to one. I had a guild in Rift thats moved to SWTOR that might come to GW2 but its a small group of people. If you have any interest, just state what race/class you plan on trying first, a nice mix of classes would be real fun to do to pvp matches with to learn all the classes. If your NOT interested, wth is wrong with you ? go see a cleric srsly.

oh for me, probably Norn Warrior first off!

Birdman159 likes this.
  2. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

GW2 will be P2P right?
    Did they release any info on the monthly fee yet?

3. Lord_Drakaien

Lord_Drakaien Shipwright

@goodyman8
    BRO! Guild Wars is P2P but not like WoW is. You pay just for the game, only ONCE, there is no monthly fee. That makes GW so great. Played GW for a while.

xChapx and KnightGabe13 like this.
  4. Overlord

Overlord KAG Guard Tester

^
    Yea their pay once system is what converted a lot of people from WoW over to Gw, and they still make money from expansion packs and those random items they sell for real money, so its not like they will have rare shit updates.

5. DarkDain

Yeah no monthly fee but their will be aesthetic micro transactions, and they are trying to do more free updates to content and less expansions because expansions create player gaps they dont want.

6. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]

I WILL be playing GW2 and I WILL be making a clan. I'll be making it with my friend and my brother. Join and have a good time. I will be on pretty much constantly. My life will be consumed when that game drops. I will install the mobile app to my iPhone and talk to my guild mates all day long. Cant. F***ing. Wait. For. This. Game.

xChapx likes this.
  7. DarkDain

Thats the attitude we need ! But such a small clan? Its nice that sidekicking will allow everyone of different levels to hunt/quest/raid/pvp together. I'm trying to pull some old guildies from back in Rift and other MMORPGS to get at least a solid 20 players for a guild wars 2 guild, thats usually enough for a good daily rotation of players. I've already picked my class and all his skills <3 Waaarrriiioooorrrr

8. masonmistel

I know all my characters class/race combinations, and I didn't mean JUST us. I mean everyone who wants to join who isn't an ass hat.

9. DarkDain

Charr and Asura are sounding REALLY popular. I admit im tempted to make an asura thief, little small unassuming stabby guy.. But they are kind of hilarious as guardians too. Warriors gotta be a norn, warriors make their presence known !

does kag have ass hats now ?o.o

10. masonmistel

Here is my character class/race combinations:
    Charr Warrior
    Slvari Elementalist
    Asura Theif
    Asura Engineer
    Human Defender

That's pretty much it.

11. DarkDain

No necro? As powerful as they are in the videos it sounds like their will be alot of necromancers. I'll be Norn Warrior, Asura Thief, Human Guardian and Human Ele. But i'll probably sample engineer and mesmer.

12. masonmistel

Necromancers have never really interested me in these kinds of games. I want to stand out.

13. DarkDain

I used to always be about the necro class or dark mage or what have you. Minions can be really fun, dark damage can be fun, back in GW1 i wanted to be a necro but looking at all the skills turned me off to them, and im not emo anymore so nyaah :P I'm sure their will be PLENTY of them, but they are POWERFUL, same hp as warriors and lots of life stealing/heals/escapes, and two other forms.. Might just IGNORE them most of the time lol

14. WanderMark

WanderMark :) Donator

I will most certainly get the game when it comes out. I've never been a big fan of mmorpgs but Guild Wars have always seen inviting to me. My main interest in the original was to help other people. I finished the game of course but after that I stopped improving my own character. Instead I joined guilds and focused on helping the newer people with the game. I answered their questions, explained how the things worked, I gave them money and equipment if they wanted it. Amazing.

Fond memories of this friendly competition inside the guild I was in at the time. The contest was who could donate the most money. I found a very nice way to get tons of money very fast but more importantly, easy. There was this certain quest in the Eye of the north expansion. Regardless of your level you could finish it in about 5-10min, and it was repeatable. Every single run I made about 1-10 platinum. Black dye was not that uncommon in that run = ]

xChapx likes this.
  15. Lord_Drakaien

Lord_Drakaien Shipwright

Small question: There will be the Mesmer class? I loved it! My great combo: Warrior+ Mesmer kicked ass in GW.
    I thought there will be a somekind of a thief class. But mesmer used to be a debuff, illusion class that i LOVED!
    I really don't like Asura.. Small, tiny creatures that will die under my SWORD!

16. masonmistel

17. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Well if its THAT way then nothing is stopping me from getting this game...
    Ill want to become mage in this game,but i always mess up a point and end up with a derp DPS.

18. Lord_Drakaien

Lord_Drakaien Shipwright

goodyman8 I recommend you "WTF is... Guild Wars 2". Search it on youtube :)

19. DarkDain

The mesmer was the final class released, they look much better than old GW1 mesmers. Keep in mind theirs no dual classing in GW2, but Mesmers can use some melee weapons like the Great Sword. And there is a thief, a fun looking one too.

20. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Delayed game general? Delayed game general.

I can't wait til 2014.

Mods: BlueLuigi