1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hall Guardian + Underwater Breathing Apparatus

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by SlyStalker, Jul 1, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. SlyStalker

SlyStalker Shopkeep Stealer

1) Hall Guardian
    Maybe captured Halls should spawn an AI 'Guardian' guy with a strong slashing attack and high health (maybe even invulnerable to arrows?). This Guardian would be hard to take down by a single Knight but easily swarmed by 2-4 Knights. This would force people on a team to work in a co-ordinated fashion to capture halls.

The Guardian will re-spawn after some time (30 secs maybe), will not be able capture Halls, and should be confined to the Hall it is guarding (this is why I suggested invulnerability to arrows).

2) Underwater Breathing Apparatus
    At Workbenches, maybe you can create an Underwater Breathing Apparatus (with some gold and wood) that gives you a finite air supply. How it would work is you equip it with your 'carry/hold' button and you continue as normal. This would lengthen the time you can spend underwater without taking damage (maybe a small bar next to you while underwater showing the amount of stored air you have left). Maybe it can come with some extra features too, such as a small air thruster that shoots out air, giving you a speed boost as long as the 'boost' button ([SPACE]?) is pressed. This, of course, would come at a sacrifice of stored air, shortening the amount of time you have. This item would help Builders a lot, as on some maps gold can only be found underwater. The addition of this item would also cause some interesting underwater knight battles. :)

2. SuperTurdBoy

SuperTurdBoy Tree Planter

Mabye the underwater breathing appuratus could be a bucket you put on your head, to trap the air in the bucket. I think this was used by many cultures in the medival age.

Waky, MrError and LostPix like this.
  3. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

Breathing apparatus is a good idea, should be able to craft it at the bench, then old water mechanics could be back, I honestly don't know why devs removed it, all was needed is some craftable device that you can carry.

4. SlyStalker

My dream: Be a KAG Navy Seal with a breathing apparatus sneaking into enemy territory in the middle of the night. :smug:

5. amgtree

amgtree Haxor

Untill the guardian kills you at the hall, because npc don't need to see

6. SlyStalker

Yeah, but I sneak into the main enemy base where they have all their factories and stuff and blow them all up with a keg :D

amgtree likes this.
  7. Diago

Diago Builder Stabber

1)
    A hall guardian is not an unwelcome idea. A single enemy managing to slip into a hall denies the team from spawning there which is a big deal especially if it is a sneaky underground builder.
    On the other hand perhaps the responsibility for defending the hall should remain with the team rather than a bot in any case.

2)
    An engineer holding a sponge can already breath underwater, at least for a while, but can't do anything until he drops it.

I wouldn't want to encourage underwater activity because that would detract from using the variety of boats available as well as the teamplay element inherent in them. Water is an obstacle for a reason and probably should not be made more accessible. It would help if the water physics didn't allow the whole map to be become flooded of course.

8. SlyStalker

Maybe if the breathing apparatus is destroyed upon running out of air and maybe expensive...?

9. Omen267901

Omen267901 Shopkeep Stealer

Sounds like a good way to balance it. Maybe make it cost 50 wood and 20 gold? Also, about the guardian, it's a good idea, but with the current ai, one builder could probably kill it. :rollseyes: If you load up the challenge map in multiplayer and leave the bots in, you can see how derpy they are when multiple players are in the game. A lot of times, they just stand there and won't attack at all.

10. Ratka

Ratka Shipwright

Water is no fun if you can't make an easily flooded underwater base! Besides, any boat besides the warboat is somewhat useless since people don't sink while holding/wearing heavy equipment such as hammers or full plate mail (logic why do you abandon us?).

Back to the topic, hell no to the Hall Guardian, it is bad enough when I just get into the enemy hall after so much work only to have five damn knights spawn, it would be worse if five knights and an extremely powerful NPC spawned. Underwater breathing is a nice idea however, I would say an extra 5-10 seconds would do it. Maybe the ability to turn a dinghy upside down and use the air trapped inside to breath underwater.

Mods: Rainbows