1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

TTH HawksCieza [ACCEPTED]

Discussion in 'Accepted Maps' started by 8x, Aug 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Map name: HawksCieza
    Gamemode: Take The Halls
    Symmetrical: Yes
    Special features:
    - Constructed on vanilla map DaviesPlains
    - 5 halls, one of which is not accesible but might be worth conquering and defending
    - 3 scrolls per side, 2 super, 1 normal
    - 6 trees per side
    - heavy on resources (perhaps should be more) and oriented to lone diggers
    - Partially floodable, possible job with a drill at hand

Map:
    HawksCieza.png
    (original)
    snpp.png
    (snppt, click on it)

PUNK123 likes this.
  2. PUNK123

PUNK123 Hella wRangler Staff Alumni Tester

Seems playable and isnt drenched in water. If top-tier map accepting rules applies to this(like tdm) then it should definitely be accepted.

also someone should explain to me in small words how tth maps work and how i can make one

3. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester

I believe Maz should accept more maps than we could think, and a team of mappers,admins and players could make some balance of the addedmaps like a week or so after they're pushed and played in the officials. I mean, accepting shouldn't necessarily be definitive. I'm not playing lately but I woujld be up to ingame testing period.

4. PUNK123

I dont. Im already suspicious of the watermaps that i think will be unplayable. As for testing the development has really proven itself inept of finding people who genuinely want to help(just picks whoever is liked by the already there inactive testers).

If you mean just a testing server id say good luck herding players into a server with all the maps for testing is annoyingly difficult(was attempted weeks ago and we got some solid play.

an_obamanation likes this.
  5. 8x

I meant to push many of the maps to the officials, so everybody will play them, and a group of players, or even Mazey alone by himself would make a second selection.
    My idea is that you can't always know if a map is good or not if you don't make lots of playerrs play it. I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't agree witth it pUnk :>

6. PUNK123

I think he's already doing that. He's let some questionable ones on(including hillo which was pretty unpopular in its first ingame run). Im genuinely against making ingame worse for the sake of eventually getting better maps(as it would just be an unending cycle of new maps coming in at the rate some of these players are pushing out maps).

7. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

Accepted

8. PUNK123

My criticism was that i didnt feel like capping the back hall would be all that viable. That said there are few maps in the tth cycle and everything else here seems playable.

9. 8x

Oh forgot all these bastard maps of mine. This and a couple other CTF ones could have some fixes in the future.

PUNK123 likes this.