1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Help cannot download patch

Discussion in 'General Help' started by ShadowFire2010, Dec 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

every time i start kag to download patch via patcher it says stopped working and exists help look down and you will see screenshot0.png edit :

Attached Files:

2. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

• Pls add "system.txt" and the latest "console-XX.txt" from "C:\KAG\Logs" to your next post.
    • Download Speccy and post a link to your system profile.

3. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

done soz im new
    in other words im a dumb***

4. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

oh guys it would really help for me just to get the kag folder just remember to delete you privy info tho

5. illu

I don't understand what you want. A "kag folder" from somebody else won't help you since the screenshot tells us that you already have build 228 installed.
    You said that KAG is crashing. So we need to have as many information about this crash as possible. There is no easy "just-do-this"-advise and everything will work.

Standard procedures are (in no particular order):
    - Reboot your PC.
    - Uninstall KAG and reinstall.
    - Check that no security software is blocking anything from KAG.
    - Close/shut down as many other software running at the same time as possible.
    - Update your drivers (mainly the graphics driver).
    - Provide the logs needed.
    - Provide your system specs.

So, once again - if you want to get some more accurate advises:
    Click here and download the archive. Extract it somewhere, start Speccy, read this and follow the instructions. Post the link to your system profile.

6. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

things ive tried
    reinstalling
    rebooting
    switch my whole antivirus system off
    delete my antivirus
    turned firewall off
    drivers fully up to date
    had nothing running except kag
    here are some better pictures

Attached Files:

7. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Try running as administrator?

8. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

I am and i have tried override admin but still not working

9. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

Are you sure? Because I had the exact same problem, but then I ran as administrator and it worked. I just tried running the game not as administrator and I just got the same error message as you. I'm looking at your KAG icon and it's not set to run as admin, so maybe right click > properties > compatibility >and then select run as administrator. Fixes it right up for me

10. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

no luck :(

11. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

in the console you see a line saying version file the same.
    maybe scan c:/KAG for a version file and then delete that.

12. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

no luck

13. Jamburglar

Jamburglar Horde Gibber

You could try selecting settings on the launcher and putting it in fullscreen. This worked for my girlfriend when her game wouldn't start. But she was using a Mac, so I don't know. Worth a shot though

*EDIT* Wait, nix that. I just realized your problem is that you can't get to the launcher lol

14. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

I need my daily kag fix somebody save me

illu likes this.
  15. illu

• Check if you have "kag_news.rss" at "C:\KAG\Downloads". If yes, pls add it to your next post.
    • Check if you have "version.txt" at "C:\KAG\Downloads\App". If yes, add it too.
    • Type "http://kag2d.com/update/kag/App/version.txt" at your favourite browser and screenshot the results. Do the same for "http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/kag_news.rss".
    • Open the Start Menu. In the Start Menu search box area type "cmd" and press [Enter]. A black window opens. Now type "ping twitter.com" and press [Enter]. After it is done, do the same for "ping kag2d.com", "ping hostedd.com" and "ping vicious.puttynuts.com". Now rightclick inside the window and click on "Select All". Rightclick again and choose "Copy" this time. Paste this selection into your next post and add [CODE] before and [/CODE] after it.
    • Start KAG, click on the black window and copy the contents as mentioned above. (I need this because your screenshot doesn't show the whole cmd window.)
    Oh and dude, if you really want to get help, do these steps. Stop complaining if you refuse to take my help. (I still need your system profile with Speccy.)

16. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

Found the problem just noticed that i cant download with the internet im using
    (FACEPALM)

17. luckyfrost

luckyfrost Shopkeep Stealer

ask someone for upload it ziped on mediafire.com
    then download and play. simple as it is

18. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

I know that would be nice
    so can anybody do that for me

19. illu

[​IMG]

Dude, if you really can't download anything no matter what browser you use, then you're actually having a bigger problem than I thought.
    And btw, once again: There is no need to ask someone for his KAG folder. The full version of build 228 is available online at kag2d.com. Afaik there are no hotfixes needed using the installer. But even if: KAG needs to download two files everytime you start it, "http://kag2d.com/update/kag/App/version.txt" and "http://twitter.com/statuses/user_timeline/kag_news.rss". You seem to can't download those. So we found the root of your issue. Now start following my advises.
    That's the last time I'm gonna warn you: If you won't even try and continue complaining I will close this thread because of "non-co-operation".

20. ShadowFire2010

ShadowFire2010 Haxor

Im sorry for not Co Operating i have been to crazy with exams and really stupid friends ive just noticed that i have just surf internet so i cant download from certain sites like i have said ok Now im very stupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.