1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Help] How do I edit Character Sprites without breaking them?

Discussion in 'Texture Packs' started by Bint, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Bint

Bint Haxor

Whenever I edit files like knightMale.png and open up KAG, the characters heads never load in and the red team have blue sprites. Downloaded files work fine, could it be a problem with Pixen?

2. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Make sure you use the blue colors from the colorpallete.png. You also see in normal knightmale.png above each body a pink (with ± 2 a yellow) pixel, that's the head

3. Bint

Bint Haxor

But how do I make the heads appear? Even If I edit something and then undo it, they still appear without heads.

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

The purple/pink point you have in the unedited version.

5. Bint

Bint Haxor

What if I want to make the head customisable? Do you still need a head there?

6. Mazey

You can place the pixel everywhere in the sprite sheet, if you want custom heads edit maleheads.png or femaleheads.png

7. Bint

Bint Haxor

But they don't show up in the game if I edit the files of the bodies.

8. luizffgv

luizffgv Base Burner

Maybe you already know how to fix.
    In the default kag textures, the class sprites have a light pink pixel. Where the pixel is, the head will appear.

Ps: I Didn't seen the post that they already sayd that, sorry, i think that my forum is bugged!

9. Bint

Bint Haxor

The problem was that I was using software that changed the colours slightly so they didn't match the teampalette.png.

10. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

probably pixen. get photoshop

i use pyxel edit

11. link6155

link6155 Haxor Staff Alumni Tester Official Server Admin
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

Sounds like a problem with your photo editor, either that or you're not looking at the sprites properly.

Try something like photoshop, and if you can't afford it, try pixlr.com. It's a good online image editing tool that is fairly similar to photoshop.

12. Bint

Bint Haxor

Yer it was Pixen, I've been using Gimp for a while now though.

13. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

noooo dont use gimp for pixel art. i still remember those times. :(

14. Bint

Bint Haxor

It's good enough, sometimes I'll use Pixen and just change the colours afterwards in Gimp.