1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Help] Ingame ambient music.

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by FreeFallHero, Aug 22, 2013.

1. FreeFallHero

FreeFallHero Bison Rider

Could someone give me a quick explanation of how to change ambient music to a music of my choice?
    Do I HAVE to make all of "ambient_cavern" or "ambient_mountain" and give them same names?
    Or can I just put in one ambient song and copy it many times with different names that fit?
    And do I have to watch the length of sounds or can I just put a full length song on every?

I can't possibly be the only one that wants to put "Nox Arcana- Night of the wolf " as ambient of Kag ;)

2. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

I'll help you since I believe my texturepack was the first one to do this sort of thing. Just take the song of your choice and convert it into a .ogg format. Then just change the name of your song into "ambient_cavern" or one of the other 2; the length of the song does not matter. Do note that whenever you go into a cavern, surface, or a very high place on the map the song will restart. I suggest using a song that does not start abruptly and just builds up in volume (that way it won't be annoying). Remember, you can have 3 different songs. I'm not so great at explaining stuff so ask anything else if you get problems.

3. FreeFallHero

FreeFallHero Bison Rider

At the moment I've got music from your texture pack xD That's where I got the idea.
    Thank you a lot. You explained everything I needed.