1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Heroes & Generals

Discussion in 'Other games' started by laurentiu, Jun 8, 2012.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. laurentiu

laurentiu Ballista Bolt Thrower

How come you guys haven`t heard about Heroes & Generals? It`s a free2play, FPS RTS from a small development team called Reto.Moto. The free2play concept itself is quite well done, not pay2win, but even the whole WWII concept made even the smallest pay2win aspect turn into a pay4yourteam. Basically there are to sides, the Germans and United States, for the moment, and you join one at the start of a new war. You can earn in-game currency by playing, but if you pay with real money you get them faster, in the end you can buy with this currency additional troops and weapons, so no one will care as long as it helps your team.​
    Anyway, I could go on and talk about this for ages, its awesome, trust me. The game is currently in closed beta but DO make sure to register as they gave 7k beta keys away only the last time.​
    Here, to make the thread more attractive.​

Ghozt, BeasterDenBeast and Stevedog like this.
  2. By reading this, i immediately registered.

laurentiu likes this.
  3. laurentiu

Yeah, it`s awesome. And you start the game from your browser, where you get a map with different cities. You can join in any city you want, as a commander you can buy troops and reinforcements and send them in the cities where they are needed. As a simple solider you decided with reinforcement type you want to play as.

Unlike most of the FPS games, Heroes & Generals has bullet gravity, wich requires even more skill from those snipers trying a long shot.

It has freaking bikes, that can carry two persons. And they don`t limit to that. Ya know a vehicle can hold 4 passengers, right? WRONG! They are implementing the option so that 7 man can be in a vehicle! 4 on the seats and the other 3 on the sides. This will also be implemented to tanks, where players can sit on the tracks.

There are also airplanes, which can carry troops, drop bombs and shoot.

I forgot to mention this VERY important thing! The team goes by this FREAKING AWESOME thing called : open development. In which the community plays a big part in the decisions about the game, they share their work trough constant articles, and what they are working on.

They also stated that they have plans for weapon upgrading! And NO, its not what you think of. That won`t be pay2win at all. They clearly stated that you won`t just go ahead and buy all the upgrades. Everything will come at a cost, for example, if you get an upgrade like for nuzzle which will improve accuracy, at the same time it will decrease mobility or add on to weight. So YOU decide how your weapon will be, but at the same time it will have a downside, so that nobody will have the perfect weapon no matter how much they pay.

4. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

How do you get A KEY I REALYY SUPER DOOPER WANT TO PLAY

5. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Pretty sure you just register and wait/hope for an email to be sent with your key. Register early, the early bird gets the worm.

6. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Hmmm of topic buuuutttt. The early worm gets eaten by the early bird.

7. laurentiu

Just register, look up on their news section. Last time they gave 7k keys just in one hit.

8. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Ok so WATCH THE NEWS STUFF

9. After waiting 2 months, i got a BETA KEY!

10. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

I JUST REALISED I GOT A BETA KEY YES!!!!!!!!!

11. laurentiu

Congrats guys! I know I also waited long time, but it`s totally worth it!

12. Kinpump

Kinpump Music Guy THD Team Donator

I just signed up.
    This concept sounds awsome!
    I'm not a huge ego-shooter fan, but this game seems to have the right mix between action and strategy.

Looking forward to it :)

13. lukepop

lukepop Arsonist

Yeah but I gotta tell you I don't think the Americans are gonna win the war:(.

14. jimbo_funny

jimbo_funny Catapult Fodder

I am thinking about register going to but at biring sound like arma like game thought was going be dumb then saw bike and awosme risk like game but like battlefield it sound awsome

15. laurentiu

It`s better than both, and it`s free.

16. Bunnyboy

Bunnyboy Haxor

Looks like a good game, just waiting on my BETA key. :/

17. guardian13

guardian13 Catapult Fodder

I actually got an alpha key for this game, but then never bothered to play Heroes & Generals. Maybe sometime, when im not so busy.

18. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

My computer will never run that ;_;

Bunnyboy likes this.
  19. jimbo_funny

jimbo_funny Catapult Fodder

my old computer would blow up but new could all new game but very old game like half life ): still wait for that alpha key

20. laurentiu

The game barely runs on my PC. It does resonable but on low settings, gotta gather money for a real fucking rig.

Mods: BlueLuigi