1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do I turn off Smooth Shader.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by sj67, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Hi there,

I'm having an issue with my KAG game because I wondered what Smooth Shader did. What happen was it froze my game forcing me to restart my PC (No ctrl alt delete and other things I tried didn't work.) , and then when I tried to play KAG again, it froze up at the loading sign " Preaching File ."
    It's like the game selection screen flickers, then everything goes black with just the words 'Preaching File' in a box on the screen.

Basically I want to turn off Smooth Shader outside of game without 'playing' the game. (As in go in a .txt file or something on turn it off.)

And no, I do not want to reinstall KAG or make a new copy, I have lot's of maps and a secret projects that would take forever to redo. Sadly, I cannot copy and paste it over.

2. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

KAG folder-base-scripts-Autoconfig-global v_smoothsprites = 0 ( i guess make this 1 because i have it on?)

3. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

How do I open Auto Config? It won't let me. Or do I open it with notepad?

EDIT: I opened it with Notepad and changed it to 1, still crashes, it made me restart my PC. D:

4. unwoundpath

unwoundpath Arsonist

I don't know then, that's the only value I think would change it, make a backup and look around in there, changing things to see if they work.

5. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Alright, thanks for the help. :)

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I had this before too.
    The only thing you can do is to create a backup of the files you want to save, and reinstall KAG.

Noburu likes this.
  7. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Alright, that's what I did and it's fine now. Thanks!

This thread can be deleted unless in future people have the same problem and would like to find the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.