1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you load map in rented server?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by YoungBL, Oct 22, 2013.

1. YoungBL

YoungBL Reigning Supreme Donator

My friend has a rented server and he can't load created map he made. Never rented a server so I don't know how it looks like. Can anyone HELP?! :|

2. Chumind

Chumind Bison Rider

You have to ask the renter. We can't help you here. If you can provide which host your using i might be able to help you.

Chumind

Bruno-Brazuka likes this.
  3. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Sending map :
    It depends of the host. Search a way to access FTP and send your map in /Base/Maps .
    Loading a map from a distant or local server :
    1. You need your RCON password. You can create in from dedicated_autoconfig.gm ( Classic ) / autoconfig.cfg ( Beta ). Check wiki for that.
    2. Login on your server.
    3. Press 'home' key ( On my azerty keyboard, it's a top left arrow )
    4. Type /rcon /loadbitmap "mapname"
    Warning : Don't type .png . The file must be in Maps/.
    Example : /rcon /loadbitmap "GayMaps/PointlessMap" to open "Maps/GayMaps/PointlessMap.png".
    Warning, bis : You must restart server after if you sent a new map or when you will load it you will have a crappy bugged out map.

norill likes this.
  4. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

On new kag/beta you should NOT use loadbitmap, you should use loadmap.
    Similarly, you should include the full path

Code:
    /rcon /login <your password here>
    /rcon /loadmap Maps/Path/To/Map.png

5. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Why, may I ask?

6. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Because it uses the old bitmap loader instead of the new, scripted ones. I should just remove the loadbitmap command to avoid confusion.

Robinskie, Asu and Mazey like this.
  7. codydbgt

codydbgt Catapult Fodder

this isn't working it just keeps making a random map whers if i use /loadbitmap it will say cant load map but if i load a default map that came with the game iw works i tested this on linux and single player (Steam)

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

9. codydbgt

codydbgt Catapult Fodder

ok apparently you have to restart the server? i guess and now all i get when i edit any type of map or double check color codes for maps all it will spawn in is bead rock :| no dirt or any thing as i'm trying to get the image below to load :\
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 10, 2013, Original Post Date: Nov 10, 2013 ---
    Can you get this to load? on your client or server?

Attached Files: