1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How do you modify the Tent?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Bioautomaton, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Bioautomaton

Bioautomaton Mysterious Man/Machine Donator

Perhaps I'm blind, but I've gone through the config files and I can't seem to find the CTF base Tent anywhere. Is there a way to modify what class options are available in the tent without disabling them outright for use elsewhere?

Secondly, if you spawn freshly into the server, are you guaranteed to start as a builder or will you default to something else?

Thirdly, is there a way to reset a player's class to builder on spawn?

2. Pesinario

Pesinario Builder Stabber

You can modify all,sprites and scrips,idk where is the script,but the sprites are in KAG>Base>Sprites>tent1.png & tent2.png

3. Bioautomaton

I don't need to modify the sprite, I want to alter the way the tent functions.

4. Pesinario

Pesinario Builder Stabber

Idk how,Zer0's modding clan ;)

5. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

If theres only class type in the tent you'll spawn as that class when joining the server. team#.cfg in the rules folder for the gamemode you're modifying controls what classes the tent has. I'm pretty sure autoassign_classes = in gamemode.cfg controls whether you respawn as the default the class or not.

I know I already told you this but its for future questions

6. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

If I'm correct, you have to edit the "team1" and "team2" .cfg files. (/Base/Rules/YourGamemode)
    The third line says (for CTF); " classes = Rules/FullCTF/builder.cfg; Rules/FullCTF/archer.cfg; Rules/FullCTF/knight.cfg;"
    Just remove the ones you don't want and it should work. :)
    Don't forget to edit both files!

7. Strathos

Strathos KAG Guard Tester

allowed_at_tent = no on each class.cfg (knight, builder, archer) you don't want to be selectable at tent.
    To make players always spawn as builder, don't use allowed_at_tent on it's config file.

SirSalami likes this.
  8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Jesus christ no, never do this. This actually takes the class entirely out of the gamemode.

9. Bioautomaton

Aye, saw that in the updates that this is now possible. Thanks for the clarification, Strathos - good to have that here for reference.

10. Ulthuanelf

Ulthuanelf Shark Slayer

Woops, I seem to have misread that! :O
    Sorry!