1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to add a new block?

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Hawxx, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

So recently I've been tinkering around with some KAG things and managed to find something interesting, a large wooden door in the files. I copied the sprite and cfg file over in to the door folder where the swingdoor.as and woodendoor.cfg files are. I tweaked the large wooden door cfg file a bit which is named LargeDoor.cfg. The only thing I really changed was the scripts and I made them identical to the wooden door one. I then added it to CommonBuilderBlocks.as and put it below spikes

Like this : -
    Code:
    {  // large wooden door
            BuildBlock b( 0, "large_wooden_door", "$large_wooden_door$", "Large Wooden Door" );
            AddRequirement( b.reqs, "blob", "mat_wood", "Wood", 60 );
            blocks.push_back( b );
        }
    and doesn't seem to appear in the block selection inventory, any idea how to fix this?

2. kilmanio

kilmanio Arsonist

I think that you should add it to a builder script

3. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

Which builder files would it be? Since there are quite a lot.

4. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Probably inside the builderblocks, or something of the like - Just check out the builder.cfg file and check to see what it includes, the script you need will *probably* be in there.

Hawxx likes this.
  5. Hawxx

Hawxx Bison Rider

lol, finally a reply kinda ditched this project but I'll look into again and thanks kaizo :)

6. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

There are so many subforums and only so much time in a day, if you need help fast, or aren't getting a reply, check out the IRC channel for modding: #kag.modding I myself am just a wee modding nublet, but the guys idling there would probably be more than capable at answering your question(s).

Good luck and reply here again if you still can't figure it out, I can see what else I can do to help.

Guitarman and Hawxx like this.