1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to host private role play server?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by djmisha, Apr 9, 2016.

1. djmisha

djmisha Builder Stabber

Is it possible to? Becouse me and my friends want to play it without others.

2. BarsukEughen555

BarsukEughen555 Ballista Bolt Thrower

You need to first get the mod (and permission on it if it's Aphelion RP), then launch the server with that mod with ports forwarded, then you just need to set up the password. Tell your friends password, then have fun from mod

3. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

And you need a map with all the stuffs

4. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Moved to server help as it seems more appropriate.

Depends what type of role play server. If you wish to host a simple one without killing, a sandbox server would probably be the best, as it requires no mods / modding.

If you wish for something a lil more in depth as BarsukEughen555 said, you need to download a mod from the mods section. If it is a private server I'm not entirely sure if you need to ask for permission as they did upload it.. Although if it's public you would need to ask for permission. Probably best to ask either way.

Building on what Lavaguy said regarding maps, it depends on the mod. Some mods need different classes which need a different map with the tents for each class on it. For Aphelions I believe you also might need an area for the Angels above. Getting these maps can either be found with the mod, in a map pack, or simply asking for a map explaining the use of the server etc. of course you can just make one, you just need to know the color palette.

Do you know how to set up the server?

Vamist likes this.
  5. djmisha

djmisha Builder Stabber

Yes I know how to host simple server I have no problems with port. But I can't find where to ask premissions for the Aphelions rp mod.

6. BarsukEughen555

PM him on forums

7. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

I tried to do an aphelion RP private lan server with my brother a while ago but we needed the maps so i asked aphelion and he said no :T so i expect its the same answer for you...

8. BarsukEughen555

Aphelion wouln't share his mods usually, as well as maps, so better just play some sandbox