1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to make a new gamemode?

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by Corwen, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Corwen

Corwen Demolitions Expert Donator
    1. KRPG

Hey everyone, i have recently been having a look at making a mod for KAG, but all of the tutorials i have come across havent been very clear to me. I'd love it if someone could give me a good tutorial (Or even better, make the mod and tell me how to install it!(you dont have to)).

what i want to do is:

make a gamemode much like Builder mode, that has Bison:bison:spawning every now and then and that you can change class in, using tents. However it would have only one team.
    I would really appreciate if someone was to do this!!!

Thanks!!!:thumbs_up:

2. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

So basically you are looking for a Zombie mod that only spawns Bison? What's the current challenge that the players are faced with in your mode? If you tell me I can probably set the mode up for you and tell you how I did it file by file. :D

3. Corwen

1. KRPG

Awsome, i would love that!

I have tweaked my origional idea a bit. I want there to be two teams (red and blue) and they can collect resources and build whatever they like and mess around and kill each other, and you can change class using tents. and there would be Bison to wander around and players can kill them (if its possible, could bison drop stuff? if so, can they drop money?). It would be an endless game and you would only kill eachother for supplies and stuff.

Thanks so much for doing this :)

4. Boxpipe

Boxpipe single, female, lawyer

So right now, the bison sprite is backwards, so to use them properly you would need everyone who joins your server to externally download the flipped bison sprite.

Also is this going to be a TDM mode or CTF mode?

5. Corwen

1. KRPG

Ok, it will only be a small private server for my friends so thats fine with the download thing.

Also, it would be a TDM gamemode, but with unlimeted points and no time limit.

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

This isn't very difficult I guess, builder mode with a added team and endless units + spawning bisons..

Spawning bisons might be difficult on builder mode but sure someone can make it.

7. Corwen

1. KRPG

That definatley sums it up better.