1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to make distinction between red sprite and blue sprite?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by flipperz, Jan 13, 2013.

1. flipperz

flipperz Shopkeep Stealer

So i just coloured blue's sprite, but it wasn't blue's it was red and blues sprite, how do i make a distinction between them?

2. FlamingDragon96

FlamingDragon96 Shark Slayer

When you are coloring your sprite you are to make sure you use the blue colors from the team_palette provided in the KAG sprite folder. If you don't use the blues from that palette then the game engine won't be able to turn them into red ingame.

3. flipperz

I don't understand? use the pallet? do you mean only use the colours in the pallet? but then how do i make one teams armour like white and the others purple for example? there's only sprite per builder/knight/archer?
    </br>--- merged: Jan 13, 2013 9:17 AM ---</br>
    I tried the template, but both teems were green, help! :QQ:

4. FlamingDragon96

The first color on the team palette (which by default is blue) is what you should be coloring your sprites team color with. If you want a different color, let's say green, then just copy the green over the blue. Thing is if you do that then you'll have to color your sprites with those greens for the engine to turn them red or whatever other color you put over red. I'll put some example pics in a minute or so.

Untitled.png
    BLUE TO RED................................................................................................. GREEN TO TAN

As you can see from the picture above, when using the default team palette you'll have to use that exact same shade of blue for it to change to red. When using a custom team palette (as shown on the right) you'll have to use the exact same shades of color you chose for the engine to change it to the second color, be it red or a custom color as shown here. The rest of the colors are not important, they are never used unless it's a modded server such as an RP server so basically just focus on the first 2 colors.
    </br>--- merged: Jan 13, 2013 9:50 AM ---</br>
    Pic added

5. flipperz

OKay, I'm sorry if I'm beaing really nooby and dumb right now, but I've no idea what you're saying, you're saying if i coloured a sprite blue i'd turn red? and if i coloured a sprite red I'd turn green?

But how do I colour red team and blue teams sprite different colours there's only one sprite file! :QQ:

Edit: So you're saying I cant pick what colours I want the teams to be, You're saying if i coloured blue team purple red would HAVE to be orange? wait then how did you get that shade of green on you're template?

6. FlamingDragon96

Again, just focus on the first 2 shades of color. The rest are not needed at all, also I got that shade of green by adding it myself. If you color the sprite red then nothing will happen, both teams will look like red because the engine won't change it. Basically it works like this, the first shade of color is the primary (the one the engine identifies which is at the moment blue) then the other colors such as red, green, etc. are the ones the engine changes the color to. I think I suck at explaining X3

7. flipperz

Yes.. you do D: you're saying i can only color blue, but what if i want red team to be color purple >_< lol.

8. FlamingDragon96

Just place shades of purple on red, that means that the engine will convert the blue to purple instead of red.

9. flipperz

purple on red?! Look let me get the facts out.

I only have 1 single sperit and thats a blue color one. when i use a non template color i get both teams that color.

Now in very dumb dumb dumb terms can you explain what you mean,

A: do you mean there should be more than 1 sperit. for both teams? (I only have one)
    B: do you mean if i color that single sperit purple, then blue team will be purple, and red team will be orange?
    C:I mean client side sperits. not server side..

10. FlamingDragon96

I'm talking about the teampalette, place the purple on the red.

This is the team palette:
    TeamPalette.png (well that's small...)

Anyway, just put purple over the red on the team palette and your blue sprite will magically become purple instead of red.

11. flipperz

I did as you said, but all it does is turn both teams blue :O! o_o

(I replaced red with purple, and blue with orange.) they both just turned blue in game.
    </br>--- merged: Jan 13, 2013 9:14 PM ---</br>

12. FlamingDragon96

Probably because the blue isn't the exact shade of the blue in the palette. It literally has to be the exact same color, you can't alter it in any way. Basically use the Drop tool in whatever photo editing program you're using to copy the blue from the palette to get it right.

13. flipperz

I'm using paint.net's color picker tool (click the color and it allows you to draw in that color, so i duno whats the problem
    </br>--- merged: Jan 13, 2013 9:31 PM ---</br>
    I figured out the problem, i can only make 1 team a different color..... Help?

14. FlamingDragon96

You can only make 1 team a different color... what?

15. flipperz

yup.. if i edit both teams they become blue.

16. FlamingDragon96

I don't know... I gave all the info I could, sorry I couldn't help.

17. Bint

Bint Haxor

I have the same problem where even if I use the correct colours it will make the sprites show up without heads or both teams will be blue, maybe the colours somehow change slightly when I edit them?

18. Panasonic

Panasonic Builder Stabber
    1. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Ok guys maybe pm a guard they could help this is a hard question to answer for many people

19. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

You don't seem to use the right palette.