1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG How to make LAN server?

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Sammy257, May 14, 2014.

1. Sammy257

Sammy257 Shopkeep Stealer

I know how to create a server that's not online but I need to know how to connect this to my LAN, any ideas?
    Picture: screen-14-05-13-22-10-49.png screen-14-05-13-22-10-49.png

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. buster-boy17

buster-boy17 suries gard

I have never heard of King Arthurs Gold having a feature "Lan".. Its Offline bots or Multiplayer.

3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Theres more than just colorful buttons on the client.
    Just a tip, make sure that you're right before you say stuff. It's completely possible to host local servers.
    Anyway, the attachment seems broken. It says I don't have permission to access the file. I'm not that experienced about this so I can't really help you, so I might as well point that out.

4. Joax321

Joax321 Shipwright

hamachi can work

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Host as normal, and then use "connect to" in the multiplayer menu to connect to the LAN IP and port. There's no automatic discovery/browser ingame for these servers unfortunately.

6. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Making sv_register = 0; makes sure it won't be shown in browser right?

7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yup, but generally for hosting lan games you wont be port-forwarding anyway so it wont show up on the public internet regardless of sv_register

8. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Seems logic but for a LAN you obviously need to have all players connected on the same network.
    Find your local IP (Usually you can see it in 192.168.1.1, which is my internet box management stuff, otherwise go check tutorials) and tell others to connect to it, also with the port. (192.168.1.56:50301 for example)