1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

how to play custom maps?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Neonizer, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Neonizer

Neonizer Catapult Fodder

i made a map in sandbox and i would like to play it on zombie fortress mode, is there any way i can play the map i made?

2. allknowingfrog

allknowingfrog Bison Rider

I believe you can load maps with the "Esc" menu. I use the console to load maps. Hit the "Home" key and you'll get the console. Type "/loadmap mapName" and hit enter to load a KAG map. Use the "Home" key again to exit the console. If you have a .png map from a paint program, you can load it with /loadbitmap.

3. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Although im pretty sure you cannot load a map and play it on zombie fortress

(Correct me if im wrong?)

4. allknowingfrog

I just tested. You can definitely load a map in Zombie Fortress from the console. It looks like the "Esc" menu doesn't have an option to load a map though, just to save one. You have to use the console.

5. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

Will the zombies still spawn though? i know they wont spawn if you generate a map bigger than the defualt one :l

6. allknowingfrog

Ah. No. I can't seem to get zombies to spawn on a custom map. I guess that's an important concern. :p

Froghead48 likes this.
  7. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Did you try editing the ZombieMapCycle.cfg?

8. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

9. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

By the looks of things, isn't that KAG Beta? Not KAG Classic? Are we talking about Classic or Beta?

10. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i havent played since the original classic, when there was a gold or a normal account, now i bought it on steam so i'm not sure how it goes. the build is 1714?

11. eric999

eric999 Bison Rider

Yeah, what you're playing is the 'new' version. So, using /loadbitmap would not work. (or as it /loadmap? (either way, theres a difference between these two versions)) The classic build is 591.

12. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

i tried /loadbitmap mapname , but it said i had to use /loadmap mapdirectory, and that didn't work. i have a screenshot i can post when i get home but im not on my computer at the moment.

13. mcrifel

mcrifel Haxor Staff Alumni Tester
    1. MIST

I am pretty sure the command is /loadmap mapname however the map you are trying to load must be somewhere inside of the maps folder. also this is the kag classic part of the forums. Next time if you need help for the full game then go to that section of the forums :)

BearKnight likes this.
  14. BearKnight

BearKnight Shark Slayer
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

my bad, i only started using forums this week so i'm still getting used to it. thanks for the help and being a friendly person.