1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to rotate blocks when making maps?

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by Iqorxx, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Iqorxx

Iqorxx Shipwright

I don't know if it's good section.

I wanted to build a map. I want to rotate trampolines, bridges etc. but... How?
    I'm using Map Editor by numpad, but I can learn building maps with GIMP.

Peace :smug:

2. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

3. Iqorxx

Iqorxx Shipwright

What about trampolines? Is there a way to place them in other directions?

4. acromatic

acromatic Catapult Fodder

nope, you'd need to modify the build class and the trampoline item. you could use platforms as an example to work from as they can be placed multi-directional, but trampolines aren't even a builder block, first you'd need to give trampolines the same qualities as a multi-directional block and then a way to control placement by adding it to the builder class build menu.

5. duke54

duke54 Catapult Fodder

I've been wondering this too. But I think you can't rotate anything in map making, because all you do is place a color pixel to make a block, and I don't see how that could carry any info on what direction the block should be rotated.

Hopefully there's a way, but i haven't seen it.

6. acromatic

acromatic Catapult Fodder

Although that is true there is one way.
    Glyphs, you simply write your own map loader that either recognizes certain colors or glyphs (multiple blocks and colors) as certain directional blocks.

ie green = platform facing left, blue = facing right

but it stills seems easier to mod the attachment like the M16 and give holding objects rotation. then give trampoline function to store rotation on thrown if it doesn't exist already.

7. Iqorxx

Iqorxx Shipwright

Welp, there are already pixels for rotated platforms. I though about trampolines :P

8. 8x

8x Elimination Et Choix Traduisant la Realité Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

the only thing you can do atm is placing them on steeps terrain, trial/errorm to get some inclination. You can also place 2 trampolines max in the same spot:

(the 2nd one will remain attached to the wall, yet being horizontal)

tramps.png

9. Verrazano

Verrazano Flat Chested Haggy Old Souless Witchy Witch Witch THD Team Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. Practitioners of War Extreme Revolution - POWER

This might be a good thing to add to the map loader. Perhaps someone could look into writing the code for that and it can be added to the game by default.

Haste likes this.