1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

How to use a map in Single Player

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Yo_Bro_, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Not quite sure if there are any post on this, i know its on the wiki but hope this helps some people.

This tutorial is how to use these great maps provided by the community in offline mode, in ether Survival, Team Death-Match, or tutorial mode.

Step 1: Download the map of choice and move it to your KAG/Base/Maps folder usually located under your user folder. KAG maps typically look like this, SumoMap1.png They Are made of small solid color blocks.

Step 2: Open KAG and go into the game mode desired, Sandbox/ Team Death Match/ Tutorial.

step 3: Press 7 on the number pad or "Home" on the numberpad.

step 4: Type in this code "/loadbitmap "Nameofyourmap" without the quotations and replace Nameofyourmap with the name of your map in KAG/Base/Maps

step 5: press 7 on the number pad or "Home" again to exit console and play your map!

Hope this helped enjoy!

Duke_Jordan likes this.
  2. treefirebombghost

treefirebombghost Builder Stabber

Another command that you can use is /loadmap. However, /loadmap only works with maps that are .kag format. If a map is saved in .kag, blobs (objects/actors) will be saved as well.

3. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Thank you for mentioning that, i guess were all learning something here :D
    Although im not quite sure how to save a map as a .kag, i do believe it is a command.

4. treefirebombghost

treefirebombghost Builder Stabber

I looked around on the wiki, here's what I found:
    In the command console, type /savemap to save the current map into the Maps/ folder as a .kag file.
    To save as a .png, type in /savebitmap.

pawelot and RadioActive like this.
  5. Yo_Bro_

Yo_Bro_ Tree Planter

Thank you very much! Even I will be using this new way of saving Im sure thanks man