1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Hunting Mod(for server)[WIP]

Discussion in 'Modding [KAG Classic]' started by acridstone, Aug 18, 2012.

?

Can anybody please help me to make this a complete mod?

1. Yes, you need a bunch of help(except maybe for that deer sprite you stole from the internet)

34.8%
  2. No, I would never help you! I HATE YOUR GUTS BECAUSE YOU MADE MY EYES BLEED!!!!

13.0%
  3. I'll help you....nah never mind your mod sux AND WILL ALWAYS SUCK!

4.3%
  4. WOW you need A WHOLE EFFFLOAD of help. I would willingly help you in as many ways as I can.

21.7%
  5. YOU ARE F#@$#$ insaNE this would never work(but I'll help you)

26.1%
  1. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

This mod is basically what it sounds like. You are supposed to hunt. It is my first mod, and any help would be appreciated, since I have no prior experience and I almost don't know anything about sprite-making. Here are some screenshots:
    screen-12-08-17-22-54-26.png
    screen-12-08-17-13-27-21.png
    screen-12-08-17-11-53-43.png
    screen-12-08-18-02-05-20.png
    So far I have only:
    • edited the sprites to make them animals
    • made a server for it
    • asked for help improving and fixing it
    • gotten another knight sprite from xnx17ts
    • added somebody else's crossbow instead of bow
    Soon I think I will:
    • fix some things that have been brought to my attention
    • reupload to the forums EDIT: "The file you have uploaded is too large for the server to handle" will not work if I try to upload to forums(I did mediafire instead)
    • try to mod my server to make it more hunting-ish
    Can somebsdy please help me mod the forest background to make it more hunting-ish?
    The server's password is: aurumestpotentia
    EDIT: If you installed the mod before now you have to renistall because of a KAG update not anymore from this latest download
    DOWNLOAD(now update-resistant)​

2. MechaTrickster

MechaTrickster Banned Donator

Can you just upload the rar to the forums? I really don't want to install some file hosting sites garbage just to look at what you're doing here.

I going to assume you're trying to make this like ordinary hunting in real life and that you're using actor.cfgs as the base for your animals if so you may want to play with these.
    u8_visible_distance_tiles = 24 -This is basically the actors vision, if it goes too low in tiles it goes retarded and wanders around or stands still. The defaults are set to where it can see you and track you down from where it spawns.
    u8_attack_init_distance_tiles = 5 -This controls when an actor starts to attack you or not depending on the amount of tiles you are away from it. So I guess you would only need to have this raised for aggressive animals? Hell you could just remove their attack damage altogether.
    Also there's not enough information here

Contrary likes this.
  3. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

Yes you are right. Except for the visible_distance tiles because I want the deer to wander around aimlessly. Next update I'll upload the base.rar to the forums and change the attack init distance tiles to 1 to make the deer more peaceful. Can you help me on making the deer not climb but jump out of obstacles such as 1 block of dirt?

4. MechaTrickster

There's a variable in every actor config called
    Code:
    1_ball_climb_walls = 1
    Set it to 0 and it won't be able to climb anymore.

5. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

yeah I already did that but the retarded bot doesn't want to jump out of obstacles, just keeps trying to go.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 18, 2012 4:47 PM ---</br>
    As soon as I have this straightened out I'll reupload(but this time to the forums :) ).

6. MechaTrickster

Lower the stuck tolerance

7. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

thx. Is 40 okay?
    </br>--- merged: Aug 18, 2012 6:31 PM ---</br>
    Seriously
    Davichococat

then all I have to say is that your emblem drawing skillsare not exactly something to brag about...

8. Davichococat

Davichococat Catapult Fodder

emblem.png
    Be jelly :p

EDIT: Although I don't really know if that is an emblem...

9. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

no.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 18, 2012 7:21 PM ---</br>
    If you actually hate my mod so much, why aren't you more specific than only the vote?

10. Davichococat

Well, I don't "hate yours mod", it was the only option in the poll that is not "I like it and I will help".

My suggestion is, you could add more animals. And the graphics are good, but doesn't seem okay with the game.

Then...
    This tree?
    tree.png

acridstone likes this.
  11. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

I would love to add more animals, but it might help if I have a couple of people to help spriting, after all, it took me like 3 days to complete the bear. I am a pretty bad spriter/spritist/whateveryouwanttocallit. Could you please help making sprites/config files for more animals? If they are okay, then I'll add them to the server and update this.

12. Davichococat

I will try, but I'm not good at drawing living things.
    </br>--- merged: Aug 18, 2012 8:04 PM ---</br>
    Okay, I made two turtles. I don't know if you are going to use them, since they are sea creatures, but it's here anyways.

turtle.png

turtle.png

I am trying to do a rabbit right now.

13. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

that's not what I meant, but I guess I could make them into sprites from the zombie arm config files or something
    </br>--- merged: Aug 18, 2012 8:26 PM ---</br>
    hey, does anybody know how to add pulleys to my server? I have a request for that.

14. KingGoldZX

KingGoldZX Shopkeep Stealer

im
    a spriter its not to hard with the right program i can finish one in 30 minutes

15. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

I got the big tortoise that davichococat made and made a spritesheet out of it with Paint.NET here it is:
    Tortoise.png
    The individual sprite size is 30x25
    soon I will make a config file for you guys to help me get working properly :)

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Those are some pretty sweet graphics for someone that doesn't know how to sprite.
    Try adding outlines similar to other kag characters?
    Also try shading.
    Just in general id try Kiwi's tutorials as he got me into it.
    http://kiwinuptuo.deviantart.com/
    Also an example of the difference between the shaded and non shaded version.
    [​IMG]
    Non shaded.
    [​IMG]

acridstone likes this.
  17. KingGoldZX

i dont use paint.net i work faster with mine but great work man

18. Davichococat

The rabbit is done. I hope you like it.

rabbit.png

19. KingGoldZX

to add a pully copy the cfg file and paste it in zombie mode file in Base/rules also u need to add the rope fill you have to put that in tools for builders

acridstone likes this.
  20. acridstone

acridstone Horde Gibber

Well, then what do you use? I am itching to have some sort of burn tool to make my life a whole lot easier.