1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I am still not very happy with archers.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doomman117, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I just think they are losing what they are for.

Now they just jump round you trying to get a backstab.Even with a archer right next to me i can't hit them!
    They are too fast. Make their dagger like a weaker version of the sword of the knights to stop all this nonsense.

I am very disappointed by the amount of advantage there is while playing as archer.

1.They can burn down buildings
    2.They have a backstab that does 2 hearts in combination with #3 this becomes stupid
    3.They are so fast they can jump around a knight and not get hit even while running away.
    Jumping around also makes the dagger OP because now in just 2 shots you are dead. It seems like a knight can't hit diagonally so it is hard to hit them.

It just seems like they favor the archer. They wont adding anything to the other classes. Give the knights something to set wood on fire, or at least fix this dreaded knight combat, it just seems like luck if you hit, even with a full swing the other guy kills me first with 2 fast jabs.

before you say "this is a beta".

Yea i am aware, i Beta tested a game called WarZ, it was a nightmare, and i feel like it is happening all over again.

Kazaco97, Digger101, 16th and 3 others like this.
  2. Lieber

Lieber Is Probing Uranus Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Did you just compare The WarZ to KAG Beta?

What? While I might agree that Archers seem a bit too powerful. There is nothing to fix in the Knight combat. You're either lagging or you don't have the hang of it yet.

3. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

I was comparing my disappointment with the Beta of both.

Maybe i don't, but it just does not seem right, it is clunky.
    They knight fighting system has room for improvement, like diagonal swings do not work.

4. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

You have two very different things here, and are missing a large part of this beta.
    You cant compare WarZ and KAG, WarZ was by a developer who had gone by three different names to not be noticed for their repeated scams, KAG is made by a group of reputable people who have resumes, and haven't changed their names to avoid accusations of anything.
    Also, a Beta only exists to fix bugs, balance things and flesh out content. The added content with the Archer backstab, and are busy balancing it to stop it from being the most effective weapon. Also bear in mind here, this is early early beta for KAG, and it's only marginally disappointing overall, whereas WarZ was, well, WarZ.

5. VanHuek

VanHuek KAG Guard Tester

Love the devs but I am fairly certain Shadlington and Geti are still at college so they don't exactly have large résumés but are extremely talented and the reason people love them as they are down-to-earth and create a game everyone loves and clearly love making it, even if they are getting frustrated after so long :D!

6. Fate

Fate Studying seashells

If you thought Beta-testing anything other than horrible, you're in for a rude awakening. This IS what beta-testing is about.

If you don't like the current state of affairs, don't whine, go read the disclaimer and return in a month. (Whining = X is broken, fix this, fix that, instead of providing actual gameplay feedback.)

Lord_bugg, Froghead48 and Invaders like this.
  7. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

i actually am working on a huge bug post right now. Also to mention, this is my 6th beta test.

CrystalClear likes this.
  8. Crafterfr33

Crafterfr33 Bison Rider

Well, knight isn't weak too. They can stab-kill anyone in 2 seconds. Every class has its advantages and disadvantages. Archer may be good at combat, but he doesn't have armor or sword like knight.

9. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

And whet were the other 5? Different games and companies provide different Betas; people like Mojang try to provide a relatively stable Beta, other people like Hi-Rez treat them as balance tests, and some people flat out warn you that the game is almost unplayable.

10. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

WarZ was one, PlanetSide 2 was another, the others were quite a while ago. Most of them were in the "unplayable" or "balance stage" ( much like KAG) stage.

Recently though, i have had some pretty bad experiences with Betas. I am hoping that they change it.

11. Invaders

Invaders Shark Slayer

Wait, what, you're complaining, but just called your self out for being hypocritical? Or.... I can't make heads or tails of this.

Point is here, you cant winge on this being unbalanced or buggy or anything, its a beta.

12. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

What do you mean i can winge on this? I gave my reasons why i though the way i did. I gave suggestions on how to balance, and how to make other classes more useful.

What i want is for devs to listen to the community, which companies have been neglecting lately. SO far they did, however not quite what the community wanted, so i hope they change it again, in order to complete this archer balance so we can move on to more important issues. You cannot add more stuff if they game has current problems that need to be addressed, then bugs and balance issues would start to pile up.

CrystalClear likes this.
  13. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Excuse me if I ask you, but have you ever been to the IRC? KAG's devs are there from time to time and they even talk to people. They listen to what most people are saying. They are not these kinda devs you are talking about, and I suppose they pretty much know what's up with their game atm. Also, no one ever said that this game was finished, it's obvious that there are bugs and balance issues. It's a indie game, it's not like the devs aren't in contact with their community.

Anyway, imagine you're creating a game. You are in beta stage, release the beta and you're getting hundreds of posts which sound like "Eh this is crap, that is crap, fix this, fix that, add this, add that." How'd you feel? Would you still be up for continuing making that game?

14. PadaV4

PadaV4 Shopkeep Stealer

Wtf. Isn't that why its called a beta test? So people can test the stuff the devs have done. And tell them IF its a big pile of poo, which needs some big fixing. So that at the real launch the consumers get a polished diamond?

Ala-Gold likes this.
  15. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

The point of a beta release is to find bugs and flaws in the game, yes. But many people make it sound the wrong way, instead of writing simple bug reports they're writing complaints and add unnecessary insults and such stuff.

Fate likes this.
  16. PinXviiN

PinXviiN Haxor

Doomman got the point, archers are OP.BTW it has actully already discussed. Better check before you post, but actully i agree, devs should do something about archers

17. Squeal

Squeal Shipwright

There's a simple reason why archers are so powerful, that it seems everyone's overlooked. Bombs. Archers have no shields, they are completely vulnerable to bombs. However now that knights are restricted to a single bomb, the advantage is lost.

18. doomman117

doomman117 Bison Rider
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Galen, i did not say that the dev team is neglecting their fanbase, i was accusing others of doing so (EA, Treyarch, big corporations).

So far, they are making good progress on this beta, one of the best i have seen. You wouldn't believe the crap i had to test.

I never insulted them, i was making an observation, pointed out ways i think they are OP, and suggesting some way to help this balance.

In response to Squeal:
    We have bombs however archers have many ways of avoiding them, like running away because they are fast, or jumping behind at the last moment.
    Also Knights don't always have bombs, archers have a dagger that has infinite uses, so bombs cannot balance out on its own.
    Here is a situation that just happened to me: It was about to throw a bomb at a archer that was close,i threw the almost about to explode bomb, he took a fire arrow, hit me (uncharged), stunned me, blew me up but ran off in time to not take damage.

The speed for archers is just a tab bit off to help this out.
    Like i said before fixing the diagonal attacks will also help this, and i will include it in a bug report i am working on.

19. Kuja

Kuja Shark Slayer

Oh god.
    Archers got nerfed like twice, still everyone is saying they are OP.
    1. Why wouldnt they burn things? If builders and team protect everything well, its quite a task to burn something down. Beleive me, im all-time archer.
    2. Yes, it does 2 hearts damage, it did 3 before. Maybe you'll ask to make 1 heart attack? Seriously. Hitting something with a backstab is just pain, if you have more that one enemy around you, you still go down in pieces when you get jabbed\slashed by a knight, who can withstand 2 (!) backstabs, which you should land first, when he has a chance to block you (which now stuns archer, if backstab hits shield), and you SHOULD hit back of knight to do any major damage. This is quite hard to do either.
    3. If you cant catch or hit archer, while he is jumping - its your problem. Learn to hit them, learn to predict where they will jump next, and so on. Basicaly - L2P (no offence).

I understand, that all you, knights, wish to dig archers deeped into the towers and defence, but now, when workers cant actually kill anything on their own, archers are the second line of melee defence, when knights are down. Everything looks balanced now, i guess.
    I would even boost face hit with backstab from 1\4 heart to 1\2.

upd:
    Im so tired of yelling about archers - if the'll be nerfed more and more, it will be totally now fun playing them.
    It is, mostly, no fun, because its hard to assault on ship (you cant block incoming bombs, you cant protect against arrows and stuff), it is hard to do any diversions, cuz stealth part is super-weak. Only thing you can do, without being killed like every 15 seconds - sit on tower. Seriously.

NinjaCell likes this.
  20. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

i agree with op. hopefully you can do it much better then i can.
    my two cents (correct me if i am wrong)
    archers right now has the only way to make fire, with fire arrows. builders can't and knight's bombs vaporize/damage blocks.
    Knights:blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:Item:blank::blank::blank: Archers
    sword (infinity uses):blank::blank:Main:blank::blank::blank:normal arrows (limited but can be made from trees)
    shield :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:secondary :blank:fire arrows (limited, made from shop)
    none :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:third :blank::blank::blank:knife
    bomb (limit of 2):blank::blank::blank: explosive:blank::blank:satchel (limit of 3)
    can glide :blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank:utility:blank::blank::blank: can climb trees
    can bomb jump :blank::blank::blank::blank:utility 2:blank::blank: can climb arrows
    i think what irks people the most is that when set up like this the third item knight has none while archer have a knife also that archers shoot projectiles that still exist even if the archer dies while if a knight attacks then dies the attack is nullified.
    p.s the utilities are not items just actions
    edit/ fuccck formating screwed it up : fixed
    e2 fixed

doomman117 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.