1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I can't log in.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Tyrano73, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

For the past couple of days, even before the two last bugfixes, every time I try to log in, I get this message :

"Could not connect to the authentication server. Check your internet connection and try again.
    (Additional info - Curl Error: Timeout was reached)". I'm pretty sure that my connection is fine, so I don't know what the problem is. Does anyone know a way to fix this ?

2. Raron

Raron KAG Guard Tester

3. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

Sadly, I read it all and I don't think that it's the same problem. The error message they get in that thread is different from mine =/
    Also, I tried closing every other app when launching KaG, and it allowed me to log in. But when I tried to join a server, I got the same message.
    It's really annoying, I hope the problem will be solved before multiplayer zombies :/

4. Crashty

Crashty Builder Stabber

How are you connected to the internet? What's your operation system?

5. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

I'm connected via AirPort. I'm on a Mac Mini with OSX 10.5.8

6. Crashty

Crashty Builder Stabber

Not experienced with Mac, At all, Sorry can't help P:

7. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

Help, anyone ?

8. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Can you log in here?

What output does it give if you can?

9. EliteShinobi

EliteShinobi Catapult Fodder

Hey, Downburst, I can login to the forums but I have the same problem as Tyrano, and I use Windows 7. Any ideas?

10. Downburst

11. EliteShinobi

EliteShinobi Catapult Fodder

12. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

I can't even connect to the page... My browser tries for, like, 30 seconds, then tells me that the page is unreachable because it took too long =/

13. Downburst

Do you have a firewall on your Mac? Could disable it and try again if you have one :huh?:

aditional info for other people who want to help: EliteShinobi was able to connect that website and his firewall/ssl certificate was not the problem.

trelawney likes this.
  14. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I have this problem sometimes, I think it is the same message, but this happens when the internet is going so slow, that it can't even load, or the internet isn't even connected, or a firewall, like Downs said would be the problem.

15. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

I'll try to see for the firewall, but if it is the problem, why could I play before the last set of updates ?

Edit - I have one, but it is always inactive.

16. FliesLikeABrick

FliesLikeABrick THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Tyrano73, please start a conversation (private message) with me that has the full output of "ifconfig"

You can run "ifconfig" by doing the following:
    Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities
    Open Terminal

type "ifconfig" followed by return, and copy/paste the text generated into the message to me

edit:
    You could play before the last set of updates because that made changes to how the auth system worked. However that change was actually made a few weeks ago, so I want to work with you to troubleshoot this. I have a good hunch about what it might be but need to confirm with the information you can provide

17. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

Did my ifconfig was useful ? Did you sort out what the problem was ?

18. FliesLikeABrick

Hi tyrano73

I am travelig these past couple days and will reply more fully soon

19. Tyrano73

Tyrano73 Shipwright

Anything new ?

20. FliesLikeABrick

So far I see nothing that would cause you not to be able to connect. Can you by chance come on AIM or IRC and work with me on this further? You can IM me as 'FliesLikeABrick' or come on #kag on Quakenet and PM me. I'll connect remotely to your computer and try to troubleshoot this with you