1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I need help configuring Zombie Fortress

Discussion in 'Modding Help' started by dredknot, Dec 27, 2013.

1. dredknot

dredknot Catapult Fodder

I am running a small zombie server and I don't want the game to end when everyone dies (or logs out/in at night). I realize this would kinda make the game never ending, but we are looking for a sorta dangerous sandbox server so that is okay.

Any tips as to what to edit to make this happen?

2. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

The actual gamemode file should have a variable to reset the map or not when people left.
    As for when everyone dies, I don't really know if this is a variable or not, but it should be there aswell.
    So either in a "gamemode" file or in a "gamemode_vars" file. Names should be similar in some way.

EDIT: Under /<mod>/Rules/<Zombiemod>/

3. dredknot

dredknot Catapult Fodder

The only similar variable I could find was "restartmap_onlastplayer_disconnect = yes". I changed this to no but it doesn't seem to help. If a singular player logs on during night time it still registers as a loss and restarts the map. There were no variables that related to death. I'll keep looking through all the cfg files. Any other tips?

4. ZeroZ30o

ZeroZ30o Haxor

EDIT: On line 459, the function CheckTeamWon() is what you need to change.

So replace the fourth line with false instead of getRules().get_bool("everyones_dead").
    Though that means the match will never restart except in votes.

The path to that file is <zombies>/rules/<zombies>/scripts/zombies_Rules

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013