1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Windows I need server help, quick!

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Kripis, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

2. WarrFork

WarrFork フォーク Donator Tester

Did you added ports in exceptions of your firewall in Windows?
    It could be why they are blocked.

3. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

yeah I did (I followed the whole process in the wiki)....

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

The port forwarding doesn't seem to work. Do you have some kind of firewall enabled, try adding an exception.

5. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

I don't have any sort of 3rd party firewall, and I followed the steps from the wiki meaning i added the new rules hing in the windows firewall advanced settings.

6. Downburst

but you can see that the port is not forwarded, so something went wrong.

7. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

Well, after manually forwarding the port (which I've done before with a minecraft server, and worked) I downloaded a port forwarding program and after it forwarded the ports I checked if they were open, and it just stayed in the listening phase for like an hour, so something did go wrong...

I have 2 options, one my ISP forbids server creation and a solution would be to plug directly from the modem rather than modem > router > pc. But I don't know if that would work really.
    </br>--- merged: Jan 9, 2013 9:57 PM ---</br>
    Yay, I got it working and I was right I just directly plugged internet from my modem, gotta buy a new router...

8. Beepo

Beepo Asian Faggot Donator
    1. Delta Force - Delta

Hello, I have some solutions for your problem. Lets go for the easy one first:
    Solution 1. Set this to "ALL", and at the same time, just uncheck the other KAG port. I'm not sure if this might work for you, but it did for me instead of set 2 of them with different protocal.
    [​IMG]

Solution 2. I'm not sure if you already did this or not, but lets give it a shot because your ip address may change in some kind of accident.
    Step 1. Click on the Window Button on the bottom left corner of your computer:[​IMG]

Step 2. Type in the search box: cmd and press Enter

This window should pop up
    [​IMG]

Step 3. Type in : ipconfig and press Enter
    A bunch of words should appear.

Step 4. Take this last 3 digit and replace it with the ip adress in your port.
    [​IMG]
    I think you already know how to do this, but other player might have the same problem like you so I make this a little more details for them.

Solution 3. Sometimes, the dedicated server is harder to use, so I recommend you check out this tool, trust me, it will love your life much easier!:
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/server-configuration-tool-with-a-gui.3336/ Recommended to use JacKD's version!

Hope this help. Feel free to ask more question =) Enjoy KAG, scripting is comming up!

9. Kripis

Kripis Drill Rusher

I tried all of that before posting this I literally exhausted all solutions before asking for help, i guess I should buy a new router... also while JacKD's tool is pretty cool, I prefer vanilla :P

10. Downburst

Pretty sure you're going to have the same problems with your new router, but good luck.

WarrFork likes this.