1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I need some Help: Port Forwarding for KAG

Discussion in 'Server Help' started by Grenze, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

I know how to port forward and have done it for Minecraft and such but I don't know how to get it working for this.

What's the port for the game. I have been trying the Gui Tool thing and it says 50301 and I tried opening that port on my router and nothing happened, as in I can't connect as it's making a LAN server I guess cause it's a server of 0:50301

I'm still fairly new to hosting servers and I just want a small one for a couple friends.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

I've also looked on the wiki and get the same result it starts it on 0:50301 everytime and I can't even connect to my own lan server. My router is enabled for port forwarding I am thoroughly confused.

2. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

This is a pic of what I'm doing with the port I'm told is supposed to work. Server Pic.png

3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

So few things here:

if you're on lan then you have to give to your friends your local IP. Which is I assume 192.168.2.4 and port. So it should look like:
    Code:
    192.168.2.4:50301

When you try to connect to your server and it's on the same machine you're trying to connect you can use either the IP I provided above or connect to:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1:50301

If your friend aren't with you on lan then you have to provide them with your external IP. You can find out what's your IP for example on this site. Or you could just go into your router's status and check your WAN IP.
    At that site I've provided you should see something like this: "Your IP Address Is: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" (x being some digits).
    Just give this IP to your firends with port and they should be able to connect.

Also, it seems that you've forwarded ports properly that's why I'm writing above this block of text.

4. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

Thanks that helped for the my problem of connecting but I'm not getting how others can connect. I did both checking that site to see my IP and then my router, neither worked for some reason and yes I included the port.

98.65.189.240:50301 And this didn't work.
    And from what you said
    192.168.2.4:50301 this would be LAN correct?

5. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

yes, 192.168.2.4 is LAN. Btw, a common mistake I see is using DHCP and portforwards at the same time. Make sure that your PC has an IP manually set (so it's always .4 and not something else).
    Also, bear in mind that some routers aren't just happy with Apply Settings, so after you save your changes, reboot it.

6. Grenze

Grenze Catapult Fodder

Alright thanks I'll check into that and hope it works this time around.

7. EchoLynx

EchoLynx Catapult Fodder

You may need to forward 51308 and 50328.