1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

I preferred fractional blocks to multiples of 10.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Snoopicus, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Snoopicus

Snoopicus Guest

I'm not sure about anyone else, but I preferred getting 1 stone per 1 rock block mined, as opposed to getting 10 stone, and requiring 10 stone to build 1 stone block.

I understand this was probably to do away with having fractions of blocks (4.2 blocks) but I vastly preferred this as it was a direct translations: I knew I could build 4 stone blocks with change. It made jumping into the game easier.

Not sure what other peoples preferences are though.

2. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Totally agree with you. I personally didn't mind the fractions of stone because I would just count how many whole stones I had.

3. FinDude

FinDude KAG Guard Tester

I'm pretty much relying on old values and converting to/from them.

4. CrazyMLC

CrazyMLC Guest

Eh, I find the new values easy to get used to.

'course, I never thought of one stone ore = one stone block, I just thought of it as ingredients the whole time. *shrug*

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

The problem is that this has been how the game has been handling it the whole time :P
    It's still 1:1 with stony dirt -> castle blocks but it shows you how we're doing it internally with ladders/stone background etc.

I'd like to hear how you guys feel in 3 days or so after you've had time to adapt to the change.

6. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

Mmh, I understand Geti. I don't mind the changes that much. All in for progress i've realised. But yeah, just discussing them anyway, since it's the discussion forum :P

7. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

Ah no, pls don't change it again! Don't want to change the wiki again. :o
    I've already got used to the the new "10for1"-behaviour. It also feels like I'm much richer which is cool. :B):

8. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Guest

The option could always be given for players as to whether they want blocks to be measured in multiples of ten or on their own.

9. Rockyz

Rockyz Guest

Old Values Are Better

10. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Old values are maybe better if you are playng KAG from build 50 or less...But if you are new it will be just normal!I even get used to throwing bombs now and all(not sayng that i dont ragequit here and there cause of overused E and F)

11. Turska

Turska Guest

I liked the old system better with 1 block = 1 treasure.
    Also I preferred the old system where you could physically see how many resources you had instead of numbers, it's annoying to me check from the left-upper corner, watch carefully that I'm checking the right resourse from the small icons and then read the tiny number with very little contrast and then make my decision in the heat of the battle.

12. HA1TER

HA1TER Shopkeep Stealer

Ok,it is much harder now,even to switch to what i want!It is ok if you are safe and you want to build and you press F and hold it etc. but when you fight and you want to change from ladders to stone fast i just get confused :s