1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Icon messages improvement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JacKD, Jun 15, 2011.

1. JacKD

JacKD Guest

I was thinking that in order to make the icon messages more useful (right now you have to look at the minimap)
    it would be nice if they's appear on the border of your screen in a position relevant to the direction of the message.
    Also, there could be some kind of metric to indicate the distance to the player making the call and the nickname, so that you don't backtrack 1000000000000 km to make a ladder for someone xD

Here's my paint edited screenshot depicting my suggestions:

[​IMG]

What do you think?

2. vig

vig KAG Guard Tester

3. JacKD

JacKD Guest

Lol, very nice, but you could have some limit on the number of icons or even a filter by distance, which would be better i think.

4. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

Size of icon changes depending on distance could limit how many are 'in your way' on the screen.

5. m00`

m00` Guest

I don't see the point. I mean the emotions themselves aren't useful at all when they're used so why would some random emotions plastered all over the screen be useful?

I think vig already hit the nail on the head

6. JacKD

JacKD Guest

i differ on the usefulness, many times i've been helped or have helped someone just because of the bubbles! sure the :( :) ¬¬ and other faces are there for fun and nothing else (at least the only way i use them) but the !!! (tower) (ladder) and (gold) bubbles do help to pinpoint important events on the map (writing is way slower and sometimes dangerous!). plus, if they don't work for some it's just because they are not teamplaying and that shouldn't be a factor to consider for those who do teamplay imo.

7. R. J.

R. J. Guest

In my opinion, the system with emotions as it is now is great. I personally use it quite often as it is an important part of teamplay.
    So as for me- it is already enough that those emotions are shown on the minimap.

8. DorkeyDear

DorkeyDear Shipwright

My only problem with emoticons atm are how you cant just tap the button and have it stay up for a few seconds. It is difficult to do the '!!!' emoticon and fight at the same time :P

9. R. J.

R. J. Guest

Ohh, ohh- now I know what is wrong with emotions!
    The emoticon '!!!' has number 0 and stands first, however on all keyboards it is the last one so a little bit inconvinient to get used :D

10. JacKD

JacKD Guest

YES! i was thinking about that last night but forgot xD 0 is the new 10 i think xD should change... also the (gold) emoticon hasn't been updated to the new gold block sprite... cosmetic and little, but is there xD