1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

(Idea) Fallen Deity; with the powers of a damned god...

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by thebonesauce, Jun 4, 2012.

1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I dunno why, but I got this idea while playing Gyossait on Newgrounds the other day. The game is very ethereal and eerie, and in it you play a god who surrenders his deity to find his lost love.

STORY!

You are a god. In the beginning, with the wave of your hand, you gave life to the lumps of lifeless clay and stone that plagued the earth. You called them humans, and for a millenia they lived in peace and harmony.

As the ages progressed, you swelled with pride to see your little machinations toiled endlessly, slowly becoming smarter, creating ways to build elaborate homes and altars to worship you. Statues are erected in your honor, and for their unwavering faith you gave them everything they could ever wish for.

Until one day, man discovered gold. And then man discovered weaponry. Gunpowder. Bows and arrows. Catapults... You think to yourself, "The humans are a strange breed. They place unbelievable value into things as trivial as shiny baubles... This, "gold," for instance. It does nothing for them, but they have begun fighting over it. In fact, they have placed more faith and loyalty into their greed than they have in me..."

Finally, you grow weary of the endless war and bloodshed over the gold. Mankind, your beloved creations, have turned their backs on you and have begun to worship the almighty dollar. You surrender your deity, take up arms, and prepare to teach your children that you are not just a kind, carefree god...

They will see their folly.

Okay, so it should work.

I'm thinking this game mode can be done in either single or multiplayer. One person will be the Fallen Deity. They will have a larger striking range with their sword, slightly faster charging arrows, insane health, can destroy stone and are able to jump higher than normal units. They cannot use bombs, cannot change to builder to create defenses. I'm thinking that it can be the deity vs. 10-15 normal units. I guess this could be like the idea for the Juggernaut game mode, except the person playing the deity will have more abilities. The team defending themselves will have a huge stockpile of resources, can build effective defenses and can place blocks slightly faster than in CTF. When proper modding comes out, this SHOULD be really easy to do for multiplayer, and with a few texture mods, it could look pretty fucking sick.

Any suggestions? Questions? Comments? Criticisms?

Arcite, Dennisaran, jackitch and 2 others like this.
  2. Miggles

Miggles Shark Slayer

This definitely sounds like something I'd like. I always liked the "army of weak guys vs one strong guy" idea for whatever reason, and this would probably be really easy to create.
    I could do textures if needed!

Arcite likes this.
  3. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

So your basically creating a juggernaut gamemode?

Arcite likes this.
  4. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

This sounds really cool. It would also be neat if the deity only had a low amount of lives, while the mortals have a rather large number.

Arcite likes this.
  5. It's just like Saxton Hale mode from TF2. Anyways, I'd love to be the god so I can make people rage quit. I'd probably rage quit myself if I didn't keep in mind this guy is a god.

Arcite likes this.
  6. CoD

CoD Haxor

Yeah, I love the idea.

Arcite likes this.
  7. tlc2011

tlc2011 Base Burner

Hmm...

Yeah, we need a Juggernaut mode.

:thumbs_up:

Arcite likes this.
  8. GloriousToast

GloriousToast Haxor Donator

as it is a 'team' game. i would suggest there would be 2 'juggernauts' vrs so many enemies, also make them larger

9. TheWids

TheWids Haxor

Reminds me of zombie, but moar killing and less building, me likely

10. Saverous

Saverous Shopkeep Stealer

I think this is possible, Just add tons of bots to one tea, you may be able to load 2 different knight.cfg files for the juggernaut and other people.

11. PumpkingSlice

PumpkingSlice Base Burner

Gosh boners you and your ideas. May I steal your brain?

12. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

+1 thebonesauce. I think that this is a great idea. There could even be a server-side script that could determine how many deities/juggernauts are required and give them a set amount of health, all dependent on the number of players on the server. Or, it could be like a team-based VIP mode, with one deity per team, with extra tickets deducted for killing a deity.

Arcite likes this.
  13. Miauw62

Miauw62 Shipwright

I think making it like the verus saxton hale gamemode in TF2 is best.

One deity, all other people against him.
    His health and strengt scales with the amount of people he's up against, and depending on testing, the "normal" side gets no respawns or 1/2 respawns per player.

Adding two deities will probably cause them to team up and always win.

Arcite likes this.
  14. If there are two deities, perhaps give them a debuff that if they're acting in concert they get their health slowly drained. Divine powers clashing, you know? It would prevent them fighting together too much, and be off doin' they own thang.

15. Perhaps then a five second warning if they are in say... four - five tiles of each other, which inflicts a health drain. If they don't move away then their health gets drained.

16. Cirom

Cirom Bison Rider

I'm not sure what can be done with AngelScript, but it'd be cool to have a "Link" meter on the top-right of the screen, showing your current power in relation to where the other deity is. It would normally be green, but will slowly turn redder when closer with the other deity. If it's full-red [4-5 blocks] then health is slowly drained and major damage debuff. If it's orange [5-10 blocks] there's no health regen and slight damage debuff. Beyond that it'll be green with no penalties.

If you could do that with AngelScript, I will love the KAGdevs forever.

Reudh likes this.
  17. Retsch

Retsch Shopkeep Stealer

Great idea. I think the juggernaut should be able to enhance their abilities by going on killing sprees *temporary buffs* Or better idea... they can meditate (or something else that's non-combative) in order to get stronger somehow or to gain some ability. This will add some degree of strategy and maybe help give the defenders time to defend themselves. Maybe they can build rudimentary structures... altars or something, which can be used to become stronger, and causes them to become weaker when destroyed by defenders. The altars could be made out of "souls" or corpses of those they have killed.

Arcite likes this.
  18. Dennisaran

Dennisaran Shopkeep Stealer

Ah, of course, who hasn't dreamed of becoming some deranged and overpowered god to wipe out all of the foolish mortals for their evils and filth. Slaughtering with glee as your wrath is poured onto the enemy... I am drooling already.

Hmm... Considering how insane the internet is, I know I can't be the only one who enjoys a good psychopathic homicidal deity.

19. Sirpixelot

Sirpixelot Base Burner
    1. Aphelion's Roleplay

Asura's Wrath has a wrathful deity. Well... a demigod. Look it up.
    Cause i feel as through your gamemode is similar to this game.

20. Aye. I could see this being very interesting.

The fallen deity could be able to build in certain areas, perhaps workshops labelled "Phylactery".
    The fallen deity gathers a soul after each kill; after 5 or 10 killed it is able to 'use' the Phylactery and store the souls into it.
    The effect would stack, so a FD with 50 kills spread across 5 Phylacteries would have a high speed + health buff. The phylacteries should be very fragile though; a single bomb, a fully charged slash (no jabs), two full charge arrows or a single hammer hit should be enough to destroy them.

Basically the defenders need to take out the phylacteries to weaken the FD enough to be killed. The Phylacteries should be able to be protected by the FD somehow... perhaps it has a limited building ability. Perhaps the phylacteries can't be covered on the top, that they need sunlight to function. If the FD can build this would prevent a set of ridiculously fortified phylacteries, but the FD if at any time needs a power boost it can break the roof off an unsealed phylactery.

I don't know if this will be possible in Angelscript, but we shall see.

PumpkingSlice likes this.