1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Fool's Gold

Discussion in 'Maps' started by feet, May 27, 2012.

1. feet

feet Bison Rider

You start off with something like this floating in mid-air:
    :castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall::castle_wall:
    :castle_wall::blank::blank::gold_b::gold_b::blank::blank::castle_wall:
    :blank::blank::blank::gold_b::gold_b: noob
    :blank::blank::blank::gold_b::gold_b::blank::blank::blank::blank::blank::hammer::p
    :blank::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::dirt::blank::blank::blank::dirt::dirt:

Noob see the gold, and attempt to mine it. Of course, when one block is removed, the whole structure falls down, turning the player into puree. It won't work on RTDM, ect. as players don't need gold.

2. SirSammy

SirSammy Shark Slayer

When one block is removed? I just tried this structure in Single Player Sandbox and it never fell on me till I removed two gold blocks from the base - going horizontally. I could definitely see this as being an effective trap for noobs and the occasional greedy player - this won't work on players that know the game well enough to actually place some back walls so they want get pulverized :)

WarrFork likes this.
  3. feet

feet Bison Rider

It wouldn't work on sing-player as it wouldn't be floating without support. The only way to achieve this is by using editor or having it pre-built on map. The fact that it only works on noobs is why I named it Fool's Gold.