1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[Idea] Pirates of King Arthur!

Discussion in 'Game modes' started by TheWhiteKnight, Apr 12, 2013.

1. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight Ballista Bolt Thrower

Basic idea: 2 teams with unlimited respawns
    Base: unstead of the usual tent there will be a massive ship (The Gallion)
    Weapons on board: The Gallion will have 4 floors (Storage, Ammo, Crafting, Deck) and it will also have 3 cannons 1 being on each level. to fire a cannon you must load it with measured portions of gunpowder (More gunpowder will mean that the cannon ball will go further and faster, but it will take longed to load and cool down) and then you need to load the cannon ball which is made out of 20 stone and 5 gold coins.
    Floors: the bottom floor (Storage) is where all the materials are found, in total there are 500-750 stone, 500-750 wood and 50-100 gold blocks stored in chests or something.
    the second to bottom floor (Ammo) will contain some arrows, ballista balls, cannon balls and bombs and therefore isd the most vulnarable floor because one good aimed shot with a cannon will blow your ship up.
    third to bottom floor (Crafting) will contain almost every crafting workshop/factory(?).
    top floor (Deck) is where most of the work happens, builders will open and close sails by the captains command, archers will fire fire arrows to light the enemy ship on fire and knights will raid the enemy ship by swinging to it using grappling hooks.
    Control over ship: anyone can become a captaing by standing next to the wheel which controls the ship and clicking on 'Control ship' button then that player can give commands to his workers to do stuff like close/open sails, fire cannons at the same time ect ect.
    Enemy ship: be aware that the enemy has the same ship as you cept its red/blue the primary objective of this gamemode is to sink the enemy Gallion and the rounds will be 15-45 minutes long.
    Feel free to post any suggestions below!

2. This looks really complicated to implement when read as a whole, so only some aspects could probably put in actual gameplay. Take the control ship button thingy. The rest are possible if person put his mind to it. I like the "sink the galleon" idea though.

hans_02 likes this.
  3. SuperCatMan50

SuperCatMan50 Sending Fish in The Mail Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

Kewl, i like it :D

4. Man715

Man715 Bison Rider

Sounds epic.

5. TheWhiteKnight

TheWhiteKnight Ballista Bolt Thrower

BTW im working on a texture for the Gallion
    whaddaya guys think is gonna be best?
    steampunk or like the wooden boats from the trailer?

6. SuperCatMan50

SuperCatMan50 Sending Fish in The Mail Donator
    1. Angels of Death - [AoD]

uhh Wooden :3

7. AcidSeth

AcidSeth Arsonist

I think this could work, in 1.0.
    Still, let's see how it goes...

8. dangertank44

dangertank44 Shark Slayer

Sounds interesting, if you get it to work I'd love to see this in action. I support ;)