1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Iko's CTF Adventures break off the 64 player count - New record!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asu, May 15, 2016.

1. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

(Not sure if this qualifies as KAG Media, but posting it here)

Iko's CTF Adventures broke off the 64 player best score from Release (@wormy you scrub, it wasn't classic) and reached the insane amount of 65 players!
    It was pretty much apocalyptic but we had a pretty good time. Nice job, everyone!

Last edited: May 16, 2016
    Biurza, Geti, Psiklaw and 8 others like this.
  2. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

Sorry to be a downer, but 64 players wasn't the limit in classic, it was just the maximum amount of bandwidth any server host was willing to pay for, past that point it ramped up much more exponentially because of how the network was done at the time. Some guy used to try to host a 128 player server where I've seen about 82 people on at once, and then the server exploded.

This is pretty cool though, I think I might hop on.
    Edit: I missed the fun

Kazaco97, Asu, bunnie and 3 others like this.
  3. Biurza

Biurza E X T R A T H I C C Staff Alumni Donator
    1. MIST
    2. Active Forum Users

Sadly missed fun to be 66th player :'(

bunnie and Basshunter like this.
  4. bunnie

bunnie Haxor Tester

Well fook, in kag classic the server probably was full of non-premium plebs and u could spam it with 20 alts :^( If it would be kag classic on a premium-only server - ok, but non-premium plebs were probably like 90% of the server when there were 82 players

5. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

A+. Would not like to be footing the bill for bandwidth :D

bunnie, Rayne, Asu and 1 other person like this.
  6. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

The CPU was catching on fire, but the bandwidth seemed pretty fine haha. The machine we had has 100mbps guarenteed and around 500mbps usually.

Biurza and Geti like this.
  7. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Would have liked to see the netgraph, not surprised the CPU was having a hard time either :)

Asu likes this.