1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Impenetrable Archer base?

Discussion in 'Building Critiques' started by FlameHaze3, Mar 1, 2012.

1. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

[​IMG]

Made this damn near impenetrable archer base, manned by 4-5 archers, and a builder, this should never fall. Never mind the rest of your team coming through, only set back is that this would be a lot to make :p
    Thoughts, opinions?
    Any questions about it just ask.

Yes i know red comes from the right, so i made the arrow to indicate this would be a RED base, so BLUE would be attacking this.

Bammboo, WarrFork and SARGRA13 like this.
  2. knightl

knightl Base Burner

making something impenetrable by looks ends up with this result

with just a few knights or one builder stoning himself its just as easy to go under or above

also if you have enough time to build that on a hill then the enemy are already dead

Attached Files:

3. Sarmane

Sarmane Go Tau'va yourself San Diego. Donator

i would say try implementing that bottom hallway into other resource efficient buildings.... it seems a damn nice feature to use but then again its the same principle of archer overhang and a archer peephole on the ground level :D

besides that point the building itself looks puurty thats for sure but just remember with your point about 5 archers and one builder..... ANY tower would be damn near impossible to take with they are sufficient with bow and resources great effort tho!!!

4. Riletyface

Riletyface Horde Gibber

Great idea! It could be downsized, though. maybe more thin with two shops and 3 posts for archers.
    :)

5. Chinizz

Chinizz Arsonist

And mybe a little trap, at least 2 or three BC 2*3 or 3*3 trap would harm you.

6. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Too many shops, bad archer spots look around for better archer holes, stone bottom better not hard for 2 knights, work on blind spots this one has too many for each slit

7. maplelord

maplelord Shipwright

it says red when it really blue.... make it say blue and btw are you gonna use it for zombies?

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Learn to read and not just look at pictures

SARGRA13 likes this.
  9. Mass builders+knights with bombs=collapsed roof.

10. Serolfic

Serolfic Shopkeep Stealer

While it looks good aesthetically, it doesn't seem like the most practical. Considering how much damage 4-5 archers can do, it might be a good idea to put more priority on mobility throughout the base (in basic towers, knights can just walk through and archers can just move up and down to get to different spots rather than jump in a spiral) instead of sacrificing it to make it really strong.

The archer holes, as BlueLuigi said (I think), are also a bit too restricted as an archer can really only aim up to about 45 degrees above the horizontal if they're standing next to it and up to about maybe 15-20 degrees above or below the horizontal if they jump into it before shooting. Replace at least a couple of them with full doors instead, preferably with a small team bridge overhang (just 1 or 2 squares long is fine).

inactive_account likes this.
  11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

I think this sort of base would be more practical and much easier to defend with 4 archers and builder making repairs:

SuperFort.png

With an archer at the kneecap shooter at the bottom right, and the remaining archers on the other 3 archer spots at the top left tower. I'd probably remove some of the shops now that I think about it, since they are very redundant. Anyways, no roof so if any bomb jumpers try, the fall should kill them, otherwise it'll be easy to take them out. Bridges for quick movement and that's about it.

Noburu, Serolfic and BlueLuigi like this.
  12. Froghead48

Froghead48 Haxor

i believe those trees will bug out. that could effect the whole base :O

13. >Implying that trees making your base ninja are a problem,

14. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Trees won't glitch out. If you haven't cut a tree at all, then you can place background tile directly around it without issue. It's only a problem if you cut the tree and then stunt their growth that they glitch out. Also as Ej said, if you have plenty of trees, you can find one that you want to stunt and make it so that you are completely invisible, which will help archers out in doing sneak attacks.

That said, chance of something like this being built without start up materials and coordinated builders is very low as it's pretty expensive. If you wanted to lower the cost, you could use less background tile, but either way it's still expensive.

15. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

The OP's base has only 2 slits which actually allows to shoot down on the attackers.
    So while it is sturdy and stuff,it doesn't give a decent firing zones for archers.

BlueLuigi likes this.
  16. FlameHaze3

FlameHaze3 Shark Slayer

Read my whole post, and absolutely not, this would never work vs zombies im sure, especially since im sure zombies will come from everywhere.

17. maplelord

maplelord Shipwright

X3 ... I didn't read the whole thing.... sorry and i ashamed...

18. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

I could go all nerdy and build some massive castle, but I think I'll save myself 2 hours of time and just say this:

These are impractical in REAL games. There is no perfect base, and if there is it uses a mechanic that will probably be removed soon/updated thus nerfing it. There are good bases and bad bases, this is a good base, it just takes longer to create than your standard "throw it together and leave it" towers I usually find myself spewing out.

EDIT:
    I can honestly say, after I got to typing the part: "nerfing it" I started laughing out loud at my own post.

19. Kouji

We all know that it's impractical Killatron :p

Arrows eating Trap Bridges significantly nerfed my tower. Kegs have made that front tower very vulnerable, bomb jumping prevention isn't as big of a problem due to the fact that the height has been been nerfed.

That said, it doesn't mean we can't just come up with a concept that we should strive for.

20. masonmistel

masonmistel Comma King Donator

A few kegs will take care of tat real good...