1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Improve Auto-Balance

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Tsilliev, Aug 4, 2013.

Mods: Rainbows
  1. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

So I build a whole fort with the spikes traps and the saw traps, and the factories, and then from all of my team, I am sent to the other team, with the thought that I must destroy all this hard work, my idea is to send the guys with less score, or the new players who joined some minutes ago, and send them to the other team.

J-man2003, tru0067 and ThePiemaster like this.
  2. Vermilicious

Vermilicious Ballista Bolt Thrower

It kind of sucks having to destroy your own work, but an unbalanced game isn't fun either.

J-man2003 likes this.
  3. Jlordo

Jlordo Nobody Donator

Take anything i say with a grain of salt since I no nothing about this, but I THINK it send people with top scores. They do this because if people are leaving, it generally means that that team is losing. Badly. They send the good players so the team can get back in the game.

4. Tsilliev

Tsilliev Haxor

I think only size matters when autobalancing so they send random players :D Anyway, you will just see how players will go back forcefully to their own team, and this will leave the other team weak again, while the new guys that just do fighting no building, and thus lower score, will not mind.

5. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

Meh, I do think it selects newer players over the ones who've been in the server for a long time. I rarely get teamswapped.

bout likes this.
  6. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

Team swap is the only bad thing about this game currently and it completely ruins peoples fun. The only use for it is on a server like Aphelions roleplay server other wise the only other thing people use it for is switching to the winning team wich then means that someone on the winning team (usualy me) then get team balanced to the losing team ruining the rest of that round for them. I fall victim to this reguarly and is the reason i have lost 90-95% of my games, many other people probaly have fallin victim to this aswell so this means to give every one a bettter game this should be removed by deafult but server owners can turn it back on if they want.
    EDIT: Merged into an existing thread. Next time read the rules and use the search function before making a thread about something that have been brought up before. ~@UnnamedPlayer

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    J-man2003 likes this.
  7. Duplolas

Duplolas So Sad

[​IMG]

Let me explain team balance to you because you obviously have no clue how it works.

If a team is unbalanced, it alerts everyone in the chat of it.
    The team that has more players on it switches X amount of players to the other team.
    It does so by switching those who joined the team with more players on it the most recent to the start of the imbalance.

So let me ask you this:

Would it be fair just to allow the team with 3-4 players less to continue to play with 3-4 players less? Because what you are suggesting would mean everyone would be switching to the "winning team".

I mean, it is a great idea, besides the fact of removing the system that is fighting to prevent the problem you brought up. Other than that :thumbs_up:

8. skelozero

skelozero Catapult Fodder

no im sorry that was an error its ment to say team swap let me correct it
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2014, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2014 ---
    EDIT: actuly that was an error ment to be team swap nothing about team balance
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2014 ---
    double edit: is there any way to get this back in its own thread?

9. ccnc

ccnc Catapult Fodder

10. Atheraal

Atheraal Base Burner

I really wish the auto balance would just take a few more basic things into account, especially when assigning players when they join. Even numbers do not a fair game make. So many times, I've seen it fill a team that's had a few people leave or switch after a flag gets taken, and then as soon as the numbers are even it starts just alternating to keep them equal numbers-wise again. But the team's still at a huge disadvantage from the time they had fewer people. It should really keep track of how long it was unbalanced for, and keep adding new players to the underdog for at least that long. Doesn't have to be set in stone, it can adjust according to how the flow's going, and how many people join, but it just seems silly to have people join the game on the team that still has 3 flags vs the one that's trying to defend its last one.

This is just one way the balancing algorithm could be improved, it just seems like such a huge oversight to have such a brilliant, fun game hampered so badly by people always stacking the already-winning team. Seems like a pretty crucial issue in a game where the entirety of the gameplay is in multiplayer team matches.

11. Fernegulus

Fernegulus Bison Rider

So the idea is that obviously everyone loves kegging an enemy castle so it collapses, killing 10 knights, slaughtering their children and raping their wives, and then getting autobalance. I know how bad it sounds, but I think it would help if always the weakest (probably lowest score), because for them it's the least of a pain (because they either just joined, been minecrafting at base or jumping off towers and himself becoming one of the slaughtered sons).
    If someone is a good guy, he'll not care and save the losing team he's just so heartlessly crushed.
    But it's still kind of a pain that you have to fight the ones you love, take their lives, hearts and bombs.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
    SirDangalang likes this.
  12. it balances by time spent playing on the server which is the fair solution

as for:
    you could just you know:

also read the stickies next time

SirDangalang and Verzuvius like this.
  13. J-man2003

J-man2003 Haxor

I think he's suggesting to remove the ability to swap teams altogether, which I support, you shouldn't have the ability to swap to the winning team, people do this so much and it gets on my nerves because they totally ruin the fun of the game.

Of course, you should be auto-balanced when a team is unbalanced from players leaving or spectators. Also, you'll still have the ability to become a spectator.

14. SirDangalang

SirDangalang Lvl. 128 MissingNo. Donator

Personally I find it fun when I'm auto balanced to the other side. It's then an enjoyable and more rewarding challenge to repel the winning team compared to securing a win that is "decided".
    But I'm weird since to me Awesome Combat > Winning Quickly. Well, until we all stalemate for a few centuries. ::D:
    It does hurt the the heart but it's the only way dear Fernegulus. :QQ:

Agreeing with Ej I would like to add further to the solution of random and unfair autobalancing.

For some reason we all seem to blatantly ignore the chat and its:
    "Oh god the teams are unbalanced! Why are none of you actively solving this problem be switching yourselves you heartless swines!!!"

To which KAG loses it's patience with humanity and switches one of us over on the precipice of victory, compared to a little earlier where it would have been more useful to the opposing team.
    The moral is be the dark knight that Gotham/KAG needs, switch over and be a badass :r_flex::B)::flex:

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
Mods: Rainbows