1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

In Steam it says the Game is still running

Discussion in 'Archive' started by EvilJell0, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvilJell0

EvilJell0 Catapult Fodder

When i close the game (or really it crashes) and i try to reopen it says it is still running so i can't reopen or even close steam i have to force it. Please patch because i cant play the game and i really want to!!!

Kazaco: Resolved

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2016
    Snake19 likes this.
  2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

That message should go away after a like 30 seconds.
    You could try searching for KAG in your task manager and close it if it's still running.

3. EvilJell0

EvilJell0 Catapult Fodder

I'm sorry i can't find my taskmanager and also do you mind looking at my other post and see if you can help me with that? The crashing issue on mac

4. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Ah you're on mac. I am a total Mac noob sry.

5. DJTrickyM

DJTrickyM Base Burner

same problem, windows 7...what tha heck

6. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

19-07-2015-12-39-04-PM-35d1.png This icon should show in your task-bar after closing KAG. Closing this will allow you to run KAG immediately.

link6155 likes this.
  7. Galen

Galen Haxor Staff Alumni Donator

Right click task bar -> Taskmanager -> Processes -> anything that has KAG.exe or so in it, kill that

8. toffie0

toffie0 is sweeter than you <3 Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

I've had this before, it is not kag itself and has happened with other games within steam. Think there's a program that you have to close in task manager, however if you have already shut down and restarted this isn't it.

The solution I found on the net was to wait it out. To play create a shortcut to desktop from the game in steam, then link that shortcut to steam. (Allows you to play without steam).

The way I fixed mine was since my profile was temp for some reason I had to switch it back to local. (Windows user).

Maybe re installing steam may help. Or u can wait it out and play kag via the way mentioned above

9. DJTrickyM

DJTrickyM Base Burner

but there is no KAG.exe or anything related to it!

and there is no weird envelope with an x on my taskbar either! D:

10. DJTrickyM

DJTrickyM Base Burner

aha! it was crashsenderreport*.exe (or something similar, crashsender something)

but oddly there was no task item or anything for it :/

11. Blue_Tiger

Blue_Tiger Bison Rider Tester

By the way, this happens with a lot of games, it's a problem with Steam, not KAG :).

edit: I look stupid now, Toffie's post hadn't been approved when I posted this xD.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    daskew87 likes this.
  12. Dargona1018

Dargona1018 Ballista Bolt Thrower

Something along the lines of Steamoverlay is probably still up if it shows that you're still in-game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.