1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Increasing Game Performance / FPS tips

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Im_a_Turtle, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Im_a_Turtle

Im_a_Turtle Arsonist

Post up some tips that can help the low-low end computer users have an easier time playing this game. Everyone knows that there are a bunch of low-enders trying to eek out an existence in this game, but due to crappy computer + ping = bad frame rate

Please help the lil' guys out please :D

My contribution:
    Turn off minimap, its not very vital unless your a person who likes to spot things and informs the team about it.
    Not sure if Fullscreen effects performance.

To access console go to your KAG file<Base<Scripts<autoconfig.cfg then skim through the commands---
    Console commands to change:
    global n_graph = 1; // Shows the network activity graph.
    global v_vsync = 0; // Vertical synchronization of video with monitor
    global v_showminimap = 0; // Show minimap or not. Might solve performance issues.
    global w_camera_poslag = 1; // Lag of camera position movement. Higher value - more lag. ---Dont think this effects performance, but it worked for me.
    If your sound card sucks badly:
    global s_soundon = 0; // Determines if the sound engine starts or not.

Commands and explanation thnx to devs.

2. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

We need to get a software mode working so that those without good openGL support can still play... I'll see whether MM can fit it into the next release cycle or not.

3. Kagesha

Kagesha KAG Guard Tester

playing fullscreen, and changing KAG screen resolution exactly to my computers resolution improved peformance for me.
    my computers resolution is 1280 x 800 therefore:

Code:
    global v_width = 1280;
    global v_height = 800;

4. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Lower the resolution:
    Code:
    global v_width = 640;
    global v_height = 480;

global v_bpp = 16;

5. J4son

J4son Guest

For some reason my dedicated_autoconfig.gm has these commands as options as well.
    Would these commands have any effect if modified or...? It doesn't need a screen.. lol

6. Monsteri

Monsteri Slower Than Light Tester

I guess that it's something about compatibility in my case, none of these seems to work. And my computer sure could handle this game.

7. gokcankrc

gokcankrc Shipwright

Even with 480x360 res my fps is really bad(5-4)
    Game should improve fps nothing else