1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Information on buying King Arthur's Gold

Discussion in 'Help' started by dhj0411, Dec 3, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. dhj0411

dhj0411 Catapult Fodder

Hi i was wondering if anyone could answer any of my questions
    1. What are the perks of buying the game in relation to just playing the free version now.
    2. Should i buy the game through the site or steam?

i have seen picture of charts that show what you get in the alpha but i do not know what i get in the beta.

-dhj0411

2. kaizokuroof

kaizokuroof Agkubuk|'Kaizokuroof' Cilobakil, Roofpointy Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Hello! First of all, you should buy it from the main KAG website as this will provide the devs with 100% of the profits, rather than Steam eating into them. If you do buy it from the main KAG site, you can still activate it on Steam as well, so there is no downside. A brief description of all the new features in the Steam relased version of KAG can be found on the main site as well, I've copied them below for you to read.

Features
    • 32 player realtime multiplayer
    • 2 teams
    • 3 classes
    • Singleplayer and multiplayer modes
    • Catapults, ballistas & battleships
    • Bison taming
    • Collapsible physics based on construction support
    • Medieval sword duels
    • Shark riding
    • Building castles and traps
    • Technology research and trading
    • Dynamic 2D water and fire
    • Wilhelm scream
    • Available on 3 platforms (Win, OSX, Linux)
    • Just $9.99 for a lifetime of fun + full access to game's scripts and modding
    But this isn't all. The combat mechanics have been revamped, archers can us grapple hooks, fire arrows, bomb arrows, water arrows - Knights have been given more bombs in their arsenal, there are new siege mechanics, new maps and a crisp new graphics style that stays true to the classic version. New gametypes, the list goes on.

One of the best features included in the new version, is the ability to modify almost everything in the game, which has allowed people to create some spectacular mods and I'm sure the best has yet to come. Try checking out youtube, or the official videos for KAG on steam to actually see what I'm talking about.

Hope I've convinced you to purchase the game, you won't regret it :p

Contrary likes this.
  3. dhj0411

dhj0411 Catapult Fodder

Thank you for your help

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey