1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Installing KAG

Discussion in 'General Help' started by SUKIDESUYO, Nov 8, 2012.

1. SUKIDESUYO

SUKIDESUYO Shopkeep Stealer

Since the recent update on Nov. 6 I just decided to uninstall my current version of KAG and decided to reinstall the whole thing again. But once the installation menu pops up telling me where i should install KAG into which was C:\Users\Myname\KAG\, It tells me installation must be on a local hard drive? am i doing something wrong?

2. Downburst

Downburst Mindblown Global Moderator Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Uhmm, I dont really understand your problem. Doesn't it install or doesn't your install work? Could you make a screenshot of the error you're getting?

3. SUKIDESUYO

Here you go i keep on clicking next, and it pops up with this.
    http://i.imgur.com/308aF.jpg

4. Leoprime

Leoprime Shopkeep Stealer

Try rebooting you computer, if that doesn't fix it
    try installing any other software to see if it's a kag related problem.
    If you cant install any other programs you might have a virus
    I found these 2 links for help if you find out it is a virus.
    LINK1 LINK2 they have similar problems so it might help.

5. SUKIDESUYO

I will try this method tomorrow, Thank you. I will give you a response once i am finished doing this method.
    </br>--- merged: Nov 10, 2012 1:52 AM ---</br>
    I've tried restarting and reinstalling and tried the other programs but didn't really know much about linux or mac... I can install other .exe files but not the windows installation for kag idk why.. and i looked at the Link1 and Link2. I'm sure that i don't have a virus, I really don't know much about computers. This virus must be very advanced or something not letting me download anything i guess.. I tried getting hijackthis and same thing popped up. Is there a way to know how i got the virus maybe idk.

6. Leoprime

1. Ok try installing with an admin account and make sure the admin account your using has full access to the installer. CLICK to see how to give full access. (It's the one that says "How to Grant Permissions in Windows 7"

2. If that doesn't fix it make new admin account and try installing kag on it.

3. Try disabling any antivirus you have running and try installing it.

4. Right click the installer and on the general tab look and see if there's an option to unblock it. (it will look something like this)
    [​IMG]
    Hope this helps.
    Oh and i would recommend you do a quick scan with HitmanPro. It does a quick scan that takes about 5-10 min and could possibly find malicious software your antivirus might of missed.(don't use it to replace your avast antivirus)
    Good luck!

7. SUKIDESUYO

I've tried all of this, I guess it might just be a crazy virus or a broken OS. I don't really know what to do maybe reinstall windows 7. I have windows 7 32 bit btw. When i open up the installer it opens in a weird way, It looks like it popped up but the it quickly closes and another one pops up. I don't know how to explain it but it looks like it might be a broken installer i wouldn't know. Maybe it's just me, Thanks for trying to help me though. I tried using hitmanpro, got rid of the malwares and other stuff still didn't work :(

8. Leoprime

One of these should fix it
    1.Go to the "C:\Users\Myname\" and see if there is already a kag folder there and delete it.
    2.Right click the installer and click and look for an option called troubleshoot compatibility click it and it should fix the installer for you.
    (it should look like this when you right click it)
    [​IMG]

Do you get any prompt like this when running the installer?
    [​IMG]

9. SUKIDESUYO

Alright i have done what you said, I didn't see a KAG folder in myusername.
    I went to find the .exe and troubleshooted it. here's what i got.
    http://i.imgur.com/emxc3.png

10. Leoprime

Yeah that seems to be the problem then try after you click next it should fix it for you if it doesn't try this.
    https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/old-builds.8613
    get any old installer and it should update to the newest kag after you install

11. SUKIDESUYO

Hey thanks for helping me, I got the old version and it's updating. Maybe it's cause i wasn't able to update windows for awhile now. I've had this important update for about 3-4 months now that i cannot install for some reason, I tried to look for help on windows but nothing much came up. That might be causing the problem who knows :P.

12. Leoprime

13. SUKIDESUYO

Lol, So up for some KAG?