1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

[IRC] Banned.

Discussion in 'General Help' started by -Q, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Q

-Q Donator

Today, at 11:27 PM Eastern Time, my person was banned from the Quakenet channel #kag by Rayne for 'trolling people looking for help'.
    [because i told you not to troll people who ask for help]

In fact, no such event occurred. I was helping a user with a nick along the lines of 'chrass' with his compatibility problem with Fedora 9. He reported that it ran fine, but crashed randomly, and could not load the news.

I offered to look at his logs, pasted here, and told him it might be a problem loading textures. I told him if you load certain textures in-game (premium ones) and you aren't auth'd as a premium user, you will crash (Which from my experience, is true). I told him he might be able to try the 'test' version which I've been hearing about in the channel, and told him he might be able to find it on the forums. I've now realized the test build is closed, and it is not in fact on the forums.

Even so, there was literally no harm in me trying to help a guy out with his problem. He did not ask for a guard, nor did I say I was one. I have joked around on the server before, which he might even mention, but I try to make people looking for help seriously.

I postulate that Rayne has, not quite a 'personal vendetta', but a certain spite, due to my relative newness to the community as a whole, and an earlier issue which has no relevance at hand: He's banned me from Action and refuses to justify this beyond 'you haxed', let alone prove anything (Ask Beezlebub). This is all well and fine, because it's his server.

However, wanton usage of power does not transfer over to the irc, and I don't think I should be banned for trying to help someone out. Afaik Rayne was just using my honest mistake as an excuse to be rid of me.

I hope he comes here to say he was not just bullying me, and he has legitimate reasons for his actions so far. I wish to discuss this maturely, because being banned from irc is a serious matter. imo, this whole issue is a reflection of a bigger problem (there was an earlier incident with the irc, ALSO with Rayne, where I was a bit rude to someone just joining; he might mention it as an excuse for his actions)

2. jackitch

jackitch :(){ :|: & };: Global Moderator Donator Tester
    1. SharSharShar - [SHARK]

... well that escalated quickly.....

Watch out bro, that's a pretty big frickin can of' worms that you opened right there. Rayne's a good guy. I can't see him acting 'wantonly' as you put it. Did you Pm him explaining yourself first? Might wanna do that. It's always safer to try and settle things maturely via pm before airing the dirty laundry. Last, but not least, large lime-green text... rly?

3. -Q

-Q Donator

I did. He told me to 'fuck off and die'.

Not really, but wouldn't he of? Already his response to this post AND the Action issue has been a whole lot of mature and responsible.... ...nothing. I decided not to go out of my way to waste my time on this. Also, regarding the lime-greenness, what colour would you have me choose? ;)

Just checked, Oct 16 9:55 PM Eastern Time: Still banned.

4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Hatsumei, please get off your high horse.

You have been banned previously for trolling, people on IRC who legitimately needed help.
    • You have impersonated being a guard
    • You have linked people to pointless sites when they legitimately asked for help
    • You have been warned about this several times before hand
    I unbanned you because I warned you this would be your last chance, and that if Rayne saw you trolling someone like that again, that you would be banned.

Now, please stop pretending you didn't do anything wrong. You clearly failed to mention all of the above, and you aren't "new to the community" so that isn't an excuse either.

Contrary and Guro like this.
  5. -Q

-Q Donator

Actually, I did mention that previous, singular incident. I did not go into details because I am obliged to not incriminate myself. You keep using the word 'people', as if to imply there were many instances. It was one time. And I have been warned if the equivalent of "I'm going to ban Hatsumei as soon as I have an excuse to" constitutes a warning.

Regardless of previous instances, explain to me how I 'trolled chrass'. You gave me a second chance with this, and I never once wasted it. Ask Rayne what he saw me do.

None of the above story was a fabrication. I legitimately helped chrass with his compatibility issue. I fail to see how this constitutes as 'trolling'. Perhaps we should get chrass in here. I bet he would be quite surprised that the one person who politely listened to his problem and offered advice was banned for it.

If I sit on a high horse...

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

It was not 1 time. I've kicked you myself at least 2 separate times, and I would have kicked you off more times than that if someone else hadn't done it. Anyways, I can trust Rayne in his decision.

However, I'll let him post here. If Rayne finds your story believable, then he can unban you, however I will not do so this time because your history makes it hard for me to believe you.

dnmr likes this.
  7. Rayne

Rayne ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester

You have trolled someone who's asked for legitimate help, when I specifically told you not to, and you have no clue how hard this makes my job when I try to explain what they should do. It's fucking irritating and time consuming. If it's not trolling, then you just need to stop trying to help, because you have no fucking clue what you're doing.

No, you do not crash if you try loading a premium texture as a f2p player, because there's no such thing as a "premium" texture. They are .png files, the only difference they have is that the code that uses them is premium only, not the image.

And don't give me that "I'm new" shit, I've seen you around this community for a while now, you should know better. In fact, look at your own profile page: "

I can give you one last chance, but if you do this shit again I will ban you permanently.

Also concerning this, I have a real life, you dick.

Radpipe, dragon4045, -Q and 2 others like this.
  8. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Enough said.
    *LOCKED*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.