1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is arrow spamming a feature? I hope not..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LetsplayCmansez, Apr 18, 2012.

1. So I was just playing a round of KAG, and my team was winning. Though slowly, the tide turned against us. We held the offensive the entire time, but..the archers could shoot their bows like machine guns?

It doesn't seem right that every time I'm chasing an archer, he can shoot three arrows at me simultaneously whilst running backwards and tree climbing; killing me instantaneously. Is anyone else confused by this? It seems like the archers should only be able to shoot one arrow a second or so (with reload,) not three.

So my question, is, will this ever get nerfed? Or is it going to remain a 'skill lol your just a noob' as their archers defined it as?

2. BoiiW

BoiiW Shark Slayer

I think the archer spamming is done pretty well, meaning I think it's not there. If you click really fast (spam) you dont shoot anything. You need to hold it for at least a very short time before you even shoot an arrow and then it goes like 1 meter and does very small damage.

No, real spamming would be 3 arrows/ second. Any experienced archer will almost always use a fully charged bow unless they shoot only straight down, in which they case they might ''spam''. Which I don't see as spamming, just fast but blockable and almost harmless fast shooting.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  3. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

The problem is not the rate at which archers fire, but the ability to jump while having an arrow charged. It greatly boosts the movement and climbing speed. If that feature alone were removed, there would no need to nerf neither the movement (it is already quite slow if you look at it) nor shooting speed (low charged shots are hard to aim and weak).

Beelzebub likes this.
  4. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

This has been dicussed soo many times, I'm almost tired of it. Geti already knows arrows shouldn't be spammed like they currently are. They are going to at least try to make it so that server owners can change those variables so that archers can reduce spam.

It's been discussed here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/the-problem.4226/
    here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/203-lack-of-skilled-archers.2285/page-5
    and here: https://forum.kag2d.com/threads/humble-developers.5112/ <-- Not locked

If you still wish to discuss it, go there.

Neat likes this.
  5. keane

keane Horde Gibber

I'm sorry you didn't get to use my head as a urinal as you stated you would. What you define as arrow spam is merely just archers using what they were given. You should do the same and use your shield until it gets changed.

Hallic, Neat, PlaTyM and 2 others like this.
  6. Zen_The_Great

Zen_The_Great Shipwright

that's why you use knight shield! ^_^

7. It would have been such a nice urinal, too! I would have decorated it with flowers and scented candles!

And thank you, Kouji, I think I ought go chat in those other topics, instead. You can lock this thread if you want.

revemo likes this.
  8. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

Let it down for a second and an archer can potentially hit you with three arrows, each doing 1 heart of damage.

9. Which is what the topic was about, really.

10. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

I think that was me. . . Sorry if I tend to use more modern methods than my forestry bros. I will admit to using a machine gun from time to time.:B):

Archers will probably receive balancing in due course along with a lot of other things. I don't want to drag this out like the threads did Kouji linked too. In general though, I think most of us agree balancing needs to wait until more "stuff to be balanced" gets added. We know now more classes are coming soon, not to mention many unexpected things along the way will probably surface.

So to answer your question, is spamming arrows a feature? For now, YES! Perhaps not in the future though . . .

Sorry Kouji if I dragged this thread here, but I feel like maybe discussion should be here instead of on a 3 week old thread.

11. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Honestly, I'm indifferent, conversation can take in either thread (which is why I haven't locked this thread yet), I just don't want the same problems like in the old one. I figured it'd just be best if people read those first before they post and if they have anything new to add, then they can post here, otherwise there won't be much reason to post. I figured most people won't really find much to post since basically everyone agreed on this:

Archers are a really pain right now due to the ability to spam, but they need some kind of ability to make up for it since otherwise they'd completely suck, or knights get something to help them out with killing archers.

12. Nigger_Proof

Nigger_Proof Catapult Fodder

I doubt it cuz in real life people can't fire arrows so fast unless they had like 10 arms or something, and switched off over arm to get most arrow out then.

13. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

*dumps quiver over enemy*

Umm, yes you can. ;)

Yeah, pretty much what Kouji said . . .

feet likes this.
  14. Hoj

Hoj Builder Stabber

People don't play games to play real life. They play these games to feel outside of real life having a good time. Many games have features that don't make sense in real life which is why they are fun. As a side note Indian tribes in the United States were known to fire more than one arrow at a time. Same thing the Mongol Horde did while fighting mostly on horse-back. Rapid arrows are in fact very weak; taking away only half a heart with each shot. However, some shots in the right place will do more damage.

15. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

they're not weak enough. When you're leaping from tree to tree, somehow still firing arrows unimpaired the entire time, it's easy to land all six hits necessary. Archers seem to have discovered the hidden powers of the bow in Minecraft before the adventure update.

cmblast likes this.
  16. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

At least it's not that bad, I would consider it op if a single archer could turn a knight rush into the no man's land of the Somme in WWI with his belt fed, automatic, 300 rpm, armor piercing, water cooled, creeper killing, minecraft bow. Lets be thankful that the bows here have the rate of fire they do and not something out of minecraft.

17. ShnitzelKiller

ShnitzelKiller Haxor

You're saying this game isn't unbalanced until the mechanics are as badly thought out as those in Minecraft?

18. Mister_Meatball

Mister_Meatball Base Burner

No, what I am saying is that the problem with archers in kag is in large numbers of them, not the speed at which they fire, the only time I see the firing fast is when running away (easily blocked) and when firing downwards, the only problem with that is when two or more archers fire charged shots downwards, not when one exhausts his arrow supply onto my shield.

19. Neat

Neat King of the Dead Donator Tester

20. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

I remember when I felt the way you do, Cman. I was all, "GRRRR I FUCKING HATE ARCHERS, FUCKING ARROW SPAM IS THE NUMBER ONE PROBLEM IN KAG AND GARASDGDGSFDSDFH." Then I played as an archer for a week and haven't looked back. I still highly disagree with TURTLING arrow spamming archers, but an offensive archer that is on the front lines with knights takes a bit of skill and puts you at a real risk; it only takes one bomb or one slash to take us out. Not only that, but shielding deflects 100% of arrow spam. It sucks sometimes yes, but it's certainly not that big of a problem.

Entombing, on the other hand...

Hoj likes this.