1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is the game really realistic? Facts vs Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyofdoor, Mar 9, 2012.

1. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I mean, I see people saying such and such are so un-realistic, and that King Arthur's time never had it.
    Now, what if a suggestion is incredibly good, well balanced, and easy to implement.
    Then it should be added to the game right?
    But! People argue that there were none of it in King Arthur's time!
    Bomb's were not mentioned in KA, from what I read.
    I also don't think that zombies were mentioned.
    My stand on this is that if it's good for the game, it should be added.
    What's yours? Do you stick to the story, want the game to be realistic, or want fantasies that are well balanced to be added.
    Note1: Just because a game is titled after something or sometime does not mean it is about that.
    Because a game is called "American Revolutionists" does not mean it can't have blimps or dragons, does it?

Eliseus likes this.
  2. SpaceWhale

SpaceWhale Shipwright

I think that good ideas speak for themselves and the devs know how they want to game to develop so they can pick, choose and be influenced by our ideas and suggestions.

IMHO i dont want a magic class as i like the feeling the game (realistic, medieval, with exceptions...ie bombs) has now and i also don't want this game to be influenced by minecraft too much as i see lots of suggestions for "crafting" of weapons and having to gather resources:huh?: ...no.

This is the mighty KAG, NOT Minecraft!

GHOZT likes this.
  3. Jackard

Jackard Base Burner

"Realism" is the wrong word. This is a game. What you mean is "verisimilitude."

I'm not sure why people would be looking for this in a pvp game. All KAG needs is enough for gameplay to be intuitive, not immersive. There's no roleplaying here, so making the game fun and balanced is more important. For ex. magic - if they come up with something great that you can justify even a little bit, why wouldn't they add it to the game?

The_Khan, Vidal, Kouji and 1 other person like this.
  4. ComboBreaker

ComboBreaker Horde Gibber

I'd be ok with anything non-magical and not extremely futuristic.

I'd also vote for the removal of the pumpkin and top hat to make game more "serious" but thats me.

Dark_Ham likes this.
  5. souldown

souldown Shipwright

realism would be mining and building a wall for 2 days, then 10 seconds of brutal combat.... ill stick to the game world...

SqueakyReaper, GHOZT, Vidal and 4 others like this.
  6. Kyzak

Kyzak Ballista Bolt Thrower Tester
    1. The Young Blood Collective - [YB]

Realism is a bonus, but the moment it infringes on some kind of fun gameplay element, I wouldn't hesitate to throw it out the door. Gravity says force coming from above you should push you downwards, yet bombjumping allows the exact opposite; perhaps not intentional, but fun, if a little silly. The only constraints should be that of loose ties to the era the game is set in; maybe not space marines, but hit me with all of the mythical creatures and dumb useless artifacts you've got.

thebonesauce and Kouji like this.
  7. LostPix

LostPix Base Burner

I always say this to the people buggering about realism in game and I will say it here again. If you want realism go play a game that's called real life and if you feel like killing other people join the army, no respawn points included.

Chinizz, SpaceWhale and zninja like this.
  8. SirSalami

SirSalami THD Team THD Team Administrator

I've always thought KAG has more in common with Monty Python's search for the holy grail rather than actual arthurian legend, which is totally fine with me!

9. Mlembrant

Mlembrant Shipwright

I think reference to realism is when people see things collapsing and bodies flying around.. laws of physics and ballistics.. Regarding to K. Arthur, there was a guy named Arthur who had few companions (around 5, not 12 like in the movies) and there also was Camelot. However, Camelot was old abandoned roman fort, that got rebuild a little bit, but was very small.. more like a Keep then Castle. Why the name Camelot? Because romans called that one Camelundum. It was found in northern France. And so far, it is the only existing proof of anything coming close to the legend.

10. Xiphosuran

Xiphosuran Shopkeep Stealer

It's a 2d sidescroller with pixeled sprites. KAG is anything but realistic. The devs know what kind of game they want to make, and if they went any more for realism, the game would probably suck.

The_Khan, Nixito and Ej like this.
  11. Eric

Eric Shark Slayer

I don't think they have actually paid much attention to our suggestions, they are gonna make the game they want to make, and they are going to add a mage, but hey, it will not be in regular play, only OW gameplay, so if you wanna play classic kag you can.

The_Khan likes this.
  12. JimmyNic

JimmyNic Shopkeep Stealer

I'm fairly easy to be honest. I wouldn't want anything futuristic, although I suspect before long somebody will reskin the whole game in such a style which could be quite fun. Anachronisms don't really bother me - Zelda games have had explosives in them despite being set in a quasi-medieval Europe world. As long as the devs use their common sense I won't kick up a fuss.

13. inkBot

inkBot Catapult Fodder

It's a game. It's by definition unrealistic.

14. owthathurts

owthathurts Shark Slayer

lets not forget that king arthur was never actually existant as a king of england.. seems a good enough reason to me for anything to be allowed.

15. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

I really doubt this is game is based on the stories of King Arthur(as some say..) .

16. Cadbury

Cadbury You can't escape. Donator

About as realistic as Call of Duty.

17. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

I Think If Something Is Too Realistic, It's Boring. Take Skyrim, For Example, What the Heck Would It Be Like Without Magic, Shouts, Dragons, Enchantments, And Mythical Creatures?

Answer: BULLSHIT. It'd Be Worth About 99p

I Think KAG Should Have a Small RPG-Side, E.G, Perks, Levels, And stuff, But Nothing-Game Changing, Just Stuff Like Faster Movement, Weapon Charging, Damage, ETC.

P.S. I'd Also Like Poniehs.
    P.P.S Yes, I'ma Bronie, Got a Problem With That?
    P.P.P.S P.S Staircase. WOOO!!!

18. keyofdoor

keyofdoor Haxor

What would you do if blimps, cannons , and submarines were added?

19. Vatx

Vatx Ballista Bolt Thrower

I think that actually realism would ruin this game. This game should contain tons of crazy stuff, and it does. This should be just fast-paced action game with stuff happening every second, not some sort of simulator.

Sure, realistic games can be fun, but there are games where realism would ruin everything. KAG is one of them.

20. Gredd

Gredd Builder Stabber

Cannons: EPIC
    Other Shit: FUK OFF