1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Is there a such thing as a multiplayer adventure game?

Discussion in 'Other games' started by synthesispandabot, Dec 20, 2011.

Mods: BlueLuigi
  1. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

I have never come across a exploration game multiplayer, with some enemies, and a spice of rpg. Not a mmorpg style of servers, and not on console.
    Only cube world has proven itself to be this type of game.
    Any others? This is only a question of great intrest in exploration games.

2. Eggnogg

Eggnogg Ye Olde Wench Donator Tester

Ehh, Terraria? Minecraft?

3. synthesispandabot

synthesispandabot Bison Rider

Terraria and minecraft are unlimited,
    but the generation doesn't make it special as a adventure game, their a sandbox, neither are they rpgs.
    Adventure games are puzzle full, but its alternative.

4. Eggnogg

I see what you're saying, random generation does not yield decent exploratory places. If you want exploration adventure games, I'd like to suggest a few games (must play). Seiklus is a great platform exploration game with problem solving based puzzles. Knytt, or Knytt Stories by Nifflas. Treasure Adventure Game; this is probably more what you're looking for, it's like a mix or retro JRPGs, MetroidVanias and The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Or you could just browse Pixel Prospector, because they seem to take a liking to these kinds of games.

Unfortunately, none of these are actually multiplayer or co-op, but... you've just given me a very good idea for a game, in a time when I've been looking for one ;) .

5. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I hear the co-op that Neverwinter nights 1 and 2 have is really good. Alas my cursed vista computer is not compatible with the game.

Also pixel prospector is one awesome site... so many awesome looking games in there.. :D

6. Auri

Auri Tunnel Addict Donator Tester

Myst Online: Uru if you mean adventure games in the strict genre sense. Multiplayer co-op, and by the same guys that made the Myst series of adventure games. I never got very far in it, but it was definitely interesting.

Doesn't seem to be what you're looking for though. If I understand right, you're looking for a story-driven mmorpg.

7. DarkDain

DarkDain Shopkeep Stealer

#1 maybe, and any mods from 1 and 2, but i had endless trouble trying to co-op NWN2. Mostly because you need to carry many companions with you, the games very linear and its all story, not an equal game for both parties unless you download a world to allow it. Umm... does it have to be online ? I dont know how much of 'exploration' their is, but its a 1-4 player co-op fantasy rpg adventure game from ye olden days, it was the first game i bought, floppy and manual and all <3 GLADIATOR!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZaK-yH50eA&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLF8105AD793CBC4BB

8. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

9. Eggnogg

YAH! THAT GAME!

I remember seeing that ages ago, and forgetting to bookmark it. Thankyou for reminding me!

10. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

11. BlueLuigi

BlueLuigi :^) Forum Moderator Donator Tester

Woah, woah, woah, ROSE isn't dead?! There was so much drama about the game constantly dying shortly after it came out, and there were like 3 versions that came up and all died within months.

12. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

13. Zegovia

Zegovia Shark Slayer

I like point and click adventure game alot.... you think there could be a way to make such a game with co-op... player 1 could use the mouse and player 2 could use the keyboard in order to control their characters and thus cooperate in order to solve puzzles and advance with the story.

14. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

15. Templar_Frost

Templar_Frost Horde Gibber

Realm of the Mad God, too bad it sucks tho.

16. goodyman8

goodyman8 Bison Rider

Maybe sucks for you, i quite liked the gameplay.

Mods: BlueLuigi