1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KA: King Arthur's Gold Anonymous

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thebonesauce, Feb 1, 2012.

1. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Hi, I'm thebonesauce, and I'm addicted to KAG.

I don't know what it is about this game. I'll open up my indie games folder of about 100+ games, and 9 times out of 10 I pick KAG. I'm really not even very experienced... I still haven't really tested my mettle with a builder, I'm only fairly proficient as a knight, and I'm kind of a bumbling moron when it comes to being an archer... But at the same time, I just can't quit playing. Last night I was up til about four in the morning playing, and when I woke up this morning, I played until I had to go job hunting seeing as I was laid off yesterday. Now, here I am, itching to play, but I'm trying to wait a little while until the housemates go to sleep so I can concentrate on the game. When I'm over at my parents' house, I try to run it on my little sister's laptop, but it constantly freezes as soon as I join a game. I start itching to play. My grandmother's 70th birthday was this past weekend, and I actually left after about 2 hours to come home and play.

I dunno if this is abnormal, seeing as I really can't stand MMOs, but there's just something... Magical about this game. And it's only in it's alpha phases... What the hell am I gonna do when Zombies comes out?! Or even worse, the OVERWORLD?! My social life is screwed!

Anyone else hopelessly addicted to this game like I am?

kiro, sj67 and Beef like this.
  2. Drok

Drok Shark Slayer

I'm quite a night owl myself, but when I first played KAG it was too addictive to sleep at all. It was like 3AM. I played about two hours until I reluctantly went to bed at 5AM. The awesomeness of the game, plus how unbearably hot that summer night was, made me wake up half an hour later and play til' the sun rose again and I could show my brother this treasure of gaming (which he sucked at). Having played tons of extremely addictive games, none of which caused me to neglect sleep, it has to mean quite an achievement to the KAG devs!

Luckily it was just that night, currently I'm (relatively) sane. :p Actually, nowadays I only play about 3 hours at the most.

3. Wonkyth

Wonkyth More precious than carbuncles! Donator Tester

Yeah guys, You might actually want to talk with people IRL to get this kind of stuff sorted out. Game compulsion can create issues, and it would be a really good idea to get on top of this before it gets out of hand.
    Seriously.

4. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

I'm Rob, and I'm an Arthurholic... Seriously though I don't get that much time to game at all, nevermind doing 4 hour stints on it. I am pretty addicted though, and when I do get gaming time it's the first thing I wanna play. Have to stop myself playing unless I've got a good hour or so free otherwise it's pretty frustrating quitting mid round when you really don't want to, how long I can play seems to be up to how stupid my team is though, the game can get dull quickly when your putting up with bad structures, people infinitely mining to pointlessly add a mass of stone to your main base, knights that all rush on their own and archers that either shoot constantly from extreme range, or don't know how to play at short range but do anyway and get arse raped. If my team has a few smart players I can play for much longer.

5. Foxodi

Foxodi KAG Guard Tester

I was addicted to KAG once... You will get over it relatively quickly.

6. sj67

sj67 Greg hunter

Agreed, I'm not addicted to KAG too much. But I indeed play everyday when I am bored, mostly because I have people to play with.

Also, I say I was addicted to KAG for about a month. So only a month moar of having no social life like me. ;)

7. Ghozt

Ghozt Haxor

I agree with fox and sj67, like my friend played it with me at his house and he thought it was epic, he was gonna buy it and hen he reckons KAG. Is gay!!! But I love playing it and like to play it at least once a day.
    But for some reason at school it won't let me sign into my account, and how would they have blocked such a thing, it gets me angry.

8. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

You're doomed. You will never get over it. I tried to, it is not possible.

Life sucks in comparison to KAG's awesomeness.

You lost your job, you will lose your friend, your family, but it's not a big deal because you'll soon have zombies ! Zombies and castles ?!? What else do you need to make a (nerd) man happy ?

9. When zombies comes out I WILL have much fun for while, but then I will get sick of it
    like I am getting bored at KAG right now.

And like most other people I had that month where I played KAG all day everyday
    but now I cannot do that.

10. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

...? I don't think I understand.

11. All I am saying is that it starts out awesome and slowly gets worse.

12. thebonesauce

Holy hell... I was just saying that I want to play this over any others, and it's not like I lost my job OVER KAG. I lost my job because it's winter here and it has been ungodly slow, so he couldn't afford to keep me around since I'm the newest of the people working there.

Really, the only time I get to play is at night. I always have a bunch of stuff to do and I can never get to sleep til at least 4 am anyway, so why not play KAG? I meant for this thread to be kind of fun, poking fun of the fact that I have an addictive personality and have had some history with drug problems (which are long gone now), but I never expected to see people ACTUALLY addicted! Come on guys, go breathe some fresh air!

13. kiro

kiro Garde KAG Donator Tester

XD My post was a joke. Don't worry I haven't lost anything of value, loved ones or job, because of KAG !

14. thebonesauce

I meant the kid that said he lost his sanity. That's just bonkers!

15. AnRK

AnRK Shark Slayer

Still think that's predominately caused by stupid people ruining games. I thought KAG's novelty made it awesome for a while but now my enjoyment comes from it's strategy, so if noone displays any on my team that makes it really boring for me.

Spec4 likes this.
  16. thebonesauce

I'm with AnRK. I love it when I get paired up with some builders who make creative and efficient structures. Not like the one I encountered earlier... God, how I wish I screencapped it... AWFUL.

17. Roosterofjustice

Roosterofjustice Shipwright

^ what was wrong with it im sure its not as bad as a spike pit some dude made, then he covered it with doors and asked why no-one fell that was a classic

18. trelawney

trelawney KAG Guard Tester

19. Spec4

Spec4 Catapult Fodder

A reason why you are a forum guard

20. killatron46

killatron46 Cata Whore Donator

The first 4-5 days I played KAG, I stayed up 4+ hours later than I normally do. Now I'm more refined, and I only stay up 2-3 hours more than I should. =S