1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

API KAG API Wrapper??

Discussion in 'Community Dev Corner' started by Bum_Bleed, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
?

What language would be best for a API wrapper?

1. C++

33.3%
  2. Python

33.3%
  3. Objective-C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Swift

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. C#

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Not worth it bro

33.3%
Mods: Downburst, Mazey
  1. Bum_Bleed

Bum_Bleed Horde Gibber

Hi guys,
    I need your opinion ::):

Recently I made a KAG Server browser [Dropped] ::D: which required writing code for accessing the KAG API (v0). Which gave me the idea of a general reusable API wrapper for making server requests to api version 1 and deserializing the json into usable objects. Sorta like praw for reddit, etc..

It would help me if you could complete the poll of what language binding I should do the API, or if it's not worth it at all. Imo python would be the best as it's cross platform and has a low learning curve, so hopefully less adapt programmers can try making KAG related apps without worrying about requests, json, etc..

I'd make it open source so hopefully anyone interested could help make it better.
    Let me know if it's a terrible idea :oops:25252525

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

The API is REST iirc, which is pretty common and many json libs are available for most languages. i don't think it's really worth it.

(pls no swift, these retards removed ++ and -- operators for some random reason and wanted to remove c-style for loops...)

Bum_Bleed likes this.
  3. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

If you really want to do that then go with Python.
    Something to help you out with v1. CLICK!

Bum_Bleed likes this.
  4. Bum_Bleed

Bum_Bleed Horde Gibber

Yeah good call actually @AsuMagic. Wouldn't save that much effort for their behalf i guess. (You're swift comments made my day 25252525)

Cheers @Furai, that's the documentation that gave me the idea ::):

Unless I get some really interested people, maybe I'll give it a miss. :QQ:

Mods: Downburst, Mazey