1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG bans policy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SirFilthybottom, Mar 4, 2013.

1. SirFilthybottom

SirFilthybottom Catapult Fodder

I would like to appeal my ban which was a while back. There is not much I can say to it but yes I was speedhacking in game but basically did nothing apart from build something and promptly after that I left. I had no real intention of doing harm but I was bored and that may not be an excuse but I have payed for the game and I recieve no first warning. So what I get a full game but i get banned without warning for something so minimal. I have seen the film that depicts me as a speedhacker, and yes it does prove I am on but does it prove that I was doing something that hurt other players. On that server the speed of everything is already very high and even with my hacks it barely made a difference. I would like to be unbanned with a first and only warning if possible as I would not like to pay for the game again.

//EDIT by Furai: This post was originally taken from the Ban Appeals section. I'm moving it here in order to be able to discuss it further with the community. SirFilthybottom's ban stays put.

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

Sorry, it's not possible. As I have told players here many times - if I made an exception especially for you then I'd have to unban everyone. Sorry, cheating is cheating. When I'm bored I'm just looking for something new to learn. That works pretty well.

SlyStalker, Ghozt, Varion and 2 others like this.
  3. SirFilthybottom

I reccomend you remove this thread as it is mostly useless then, obviously there is not one single reason that could explain why to be unbanned and no you wouldnt have to do the same for every single person. You just banned someone who supported your game with money, im not saying that gives me any right to say anything but you should take into consideration a warning system in further updates to KAG. Just banning someone will lead them to easily make a smurf account and banning premium players like myself on first offense is no way to go, you are just making people have to pay again. Why am I going to pay for the game again "because I enjoy it" but what happens when I almost do nothing and it results in a ban. Well I guess we cant all be happy can we now, but I guess the dev team can be happy because, hey this is obviously a way of keeping hackers away, or is it? What if its just a way for people like me to get banned and pay for the game again? I really think you guys should improve on banning and ban appeals, as far as I can tell there is no excuse any person could muster to be able to be unbanned, please either erase this thread or learn how to properly manage ban appeals.

4. Furai

Ban appeal is meant for people who were banned wrongfully. You have cheated which in all the games I know results in the permanent ban. This thread is useful and it will stay in its place. It gets cleaned every now and then from the posts but it's being used frequently. As to the warnings scheme - yes, we have it but not for cheaters. If someone is griefing, 1st offence results in 2 days ban, 2nd in 4-5, 3rd - a week, 4th - 3 weeks...and so on. You are in no place to teach me how to handle bans.

mightofthor, Razzey, link6155 and 9 others like this.
  5. SirFilthybottom

And I suppose you are in a position to teach me about bans since you must know so much about it. I can tell you that I know quite a bit about how to handle bans and you may think it is not fair that people who pay money should get a break but in reality they should. People who pay are what keep KAG alive, and you feel the right to ban them immediately. You treat us the same as people who have not paid. Im not saying slack should be given in excessive amounts but I believe that there should be a certain amount of slack. But anyway if you want to keep me banned go ahead, as far as I can tell at this pace the game is going to die, and you know what, thats fine. I wonder how many people have bought KAG, or even know what it is. When I am on premium servers there is barely anybody, go ahead ban the people that populate the premium servers after making "1" mistake. You may think I am in position to teach you about that, but I can tell you something, neither are you.

6. Speak for yourself dude.

7. thebonesauce

thebonesauce All life begins and ends with Nu Staff Alumni
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. The Ivory Tower of Grammar-Nazis

Hang on bro, don't lump everyone that has ever bought KAG into one category. Why should you get a break? "Oh, I see sir. You murdered the prostitute AFTER you paid her for sex... That makes it okay! You just keep your nose clean kid!" This isn't how the world works.

As Furai said, one mistake such as griefing results in a temporary ban. I've never personally griefed, but I can see why an angry player might do it.

However, I can't see the logic behind going on the internet and downloading some client to hack an independent game, basically overriding the game's code and cheating at the highest degree. You decided to make the choice to download (or run, I don't fucking know how that stupid shit works...) a speedhack, you decided to use it in public servers, therefore you suffer the consequences.

Also, what servers are you referring to homey? Because generally, whenever I have gotten on KAG lately, I can find at least 3-4 servers that are completely full. Don't be all butthurt, bro.

8. darDar

darDar KAG Guard Forum Moderator Tester

It doesn´t care if someone paid for the full version or if he´s playing the free version.
    Ban = Ban

9. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Code:
    Acceptable Use

Deliberate harrassment, griefing, hacking, or other malicious behaviour or abuse of our game will lead to deactivation of your account followed by deletion [...].
    and this
    Code:
    Paying for the game does not make you excempt from the Acceptable Use rules.

Froghead48, LucasTT and illu like this.
  10. Furai

The quotes above are from our ToS. You have agreed to them when you have first time launched the game.
    (Worm, thanks for quoting it.)

As to the thread as a whole - I have moved it to other section to allow everyone to discuss it. I'll gladly hear others' opinion.

SirFithybottom's ban won't get ever lifted.

What are your thoughts people about current banning system? Keep discussion on track and of decent quality, please.
    As an example, Steam accounts get banned (whole account with hella lot games one have there) if you have been caught cheating on one of the games. It gets banned permanently.

11. Ranged66

Ranged66 Bison Rider

I think steam banning is complete and utter BULLSHIT.
    I have read stories about people whoo have spend 100's of euros on their steam accounts, when a fucking code-cockup tells VAC they cheated.
    BAM, banned from all the games you payed for.
    They do have a ticket report system thing, but really, if you use it you MIGHT get your account back in 1~2 years.

Worm likes this.
  12. Furai

VAC is pretty much reliable.

jerloch likes this.
  13. Worm

Worm Derpship Commander Donator

Furai, I agree to Ranged66. I seen people getting "trapped" by servers for CoD: MW2. Lots of them, including my freind, were mostly playing on modded servers. Some of them caused, like, faster shooting, higher jumping, faster speed etc.. It was caused by server of course, but VAC banned players of these servers.

On KAG topic: It's possible to make KAG 'detect' injecting/cheating program?

14. Furai

We are working on Anti-Cheat but don't expect anything anytime soon. It will be there at some point, though. I'm not even going to give rough estimate because I have no idea when could it be.

15. darkenite

darkenite Haxor

i don't see the point in putting in a warning system. It's not like they don't know that speed hacking is not allowed. how ever I'm curies as to when you should ban some one for speed hacking. i mean in any kind of pub game or any kind of vs mode then yes. But what about building servers i mean i could see how speed hacks could be useful in building something. Altho i could see how that would be hard to mange.

16. Furai

For me anything which involves altering the code of the game (via so called hacks) is permanently bannable. I don't see any justified reason for using cheats in a game.

Varion, blukey, Vidar and 2 others like this.
  17. Vanguarde

Vanguarde 'Most Hated' 2013

What is the stance on this if the server is private and everyone on it uses the same hacks to modify their gameplay?
    in 1999 I used to play on a Counterstrike server that required specific hacks to play. Everyone was basically superman with wallhacking and auto aim, but EVERYONE had the same power so everyone was equal.

18. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

You can already build rly fast with the editor. No need to struggle using hacks.

vampo likes this.
  19. darkenite

darkenite Haxor

not every one has editor also you can only use editor on servers where you have been OPed.

20. illu

illu En Garde! Donator Tester

You really keep on defending speedhacks? :argh:
    There is one possibility to build faster which is the editor. In fact that's its main purpose, why it has been implemented, to create structures, buildings, even whole maps in-game without caring about mining resources or spending too much time. It's obvious that "not every one has editor" which basically would destroy the gameplay. If one does not have the ability to enter the editor mode on some "building server" then it's up to that person to gain that right. Either ask the serveradmins, play on your own server or build locally.
    I don't see any reason to discuss the legitimacy of speed hacks.

thebonesauce likes this.