1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG basics tutorial?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by erik102003, May 20, 2017.

Tags:
?

Do YOU think that KAG needs better tutorials?

1. Yes, i do

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. Nah

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. A better basics tutorial would be nice

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

Hi there,

So, i played a game of CTF with 4 people, turned both of my enemies were complete noobs and were jabbing stone to get to me, couldnt wall run, didnt know how platforms work, only playing knight..... I was trying to help them in any way i could but....

They said the game is really hard, i adressed them to the forums but idk if they visited them, because they left quite quickly.

What im trying to say is- KAG needs a proper tutorial, ( not that hold down right mouse button to slash while everybody around wrecks you ) a tutorial that teaches you some actual basics, that and it should automaticaly be the first thing you play ( like, turn on the game and the game will turn on the tutorial automatically ).

Right now the tutorial teaches you only this:
    WAD to move
    How to jab
    How to slash (btw theres a dummy with a spear, new class confirmed ??? :3 )
    How to double slash
    How to shield (but i think most noobs just rush the archer)
    How to wall run (doesnt mention the extreme importance of this)
    Mentions that knights can destroy wooden blocks and dirt (could also say that you cant jab through stone)
    Bomb throwing (bombjumps could be included in some advanced one)
    Shield gliding

And the whole tutorial is made so you can just skip any part (except wall running)

Then theres gamemode tutorials:

CTF:
    Coin mechanics
    Builder workshops
    Chopping down trees
    TTH:
    Minimap
    How to capture a hall
    Airdrops (crates that fall from the sky)
    Factories and how do they work
    What trader is
    Fast travelling between halls

Thats it.

Its not bad but advanced tutorial would really help (bomb jumps, shield sliding, etc. etc)

But the most important thing is that to force newbies to ACTUALLY play the tutorial, not just like: "Oh im glad i made it over that obstacle, never doing that again hopefully"
    Thats the key thing in my opinion.
    Because like people say, this game is like TF2, and its suprisingly accurate, new players dont play the tutorial, go to multiplayer and get rekt by much more experienced players.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. atthetta

atthetta Builder Stabber

Tutorials are in serious need of upgrade, especially CTF mechanics and how NOT to build.

Bad builds are cancerous in CTF games.

platy1knight and erik102003 like this.
  3. Nicuwins

Nicuwins Bison Rider

I already posted something about this (maybe not that detailed like yours) in Suggestion & Ideas.

4. erik102003

erik102003 Base Burner Tester

You did? I always just search the title im going to use, didnt see yours show up so.... Sorry