1. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG KAG Beta and Classic won't install.

Discussion in 'Help' started by SirTaintsALot, Aug 21, 2013.

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey
  1. SirTaintsALot

SirTaintsALot Catapult Fodder

Okay so a week ago I downloaded the beta and installed it with no problems at all, I played sandbox for about 3 hours and found myself bored so a day or two later I was cleaning up my computer and deleted it. Well I have been watching videos of people playing KAG that have brought back some motivation to re-download it and play. So I re-download it, click on it, and it says...

"This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package."

So then through some research I realize KAG classic has free multiplayer. ^_^ Haha I had no idea that existed. But I download the classic installer and get the same message.

I have gone through the Microsoft support pages, tried re-downloading both of the installers, rebooting my computer, pretty much everything you can think of and these games still will not install for me. /:

Also this is my first forum post ever so woohoo for that haha I hope I did it right. :)

And I am currently running on windows 7.

2. MM

MM THD Team THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Try uninstalling KAG first? Is it in the programs list?

3. master4523

master4523 Masterful KAG Guard Global Moderator Tester
    1. PumpkinStars - [Pk#] - Inactive

Also make sure that you have the rights to open the file:
    - Right click on it, Properties, click on the Unblock button, if you have one
    - Move the file to another directory, like Documents
    - Right click on the file and select "Execute as administrator"

Mods: makmoud98, Mazey