1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Devlog KAG KAG Build 1741 – Mines and Coins

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Geti, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Hey everyone,

A smallish build this time, just adjusting a few changes that made it in last time without proper testing. There’s been quite a bit of work done behind the scenes on new menus, but they aren’t quite ready yet.

Coins per have been adjusted – the amount paid is now 10 coins for a kill, and 5 coins per heart of damage inflicted. This is a big increase on last build’s unexpected economy adjustment, and should ensure everyone can afford bombs, special arrows and all those fun things.

Mine timer has been reduced to 1.5 seconds but only ticks while the mine is on the ground, or in water. This means no tower-tossing mines into a battlefield for free kills, but should make it easier to set up mines on the front line in most other cases.

[​IMG]

You may still have to be sneaky with your mines, but it’s not 3 seconds wait any more, and you should be able to afford them!

A few crashes have also been fixed, but many OSX issues are still there I’m afraid.

Full Changelog:
    [modified] high dpi scaling disabled - a different solution will be looked into
    [modified] re introduced coins on kill (10). coins per damage changed to 5.
    [modified] mine only ticks while isOnGround() or isInWater() and reduced priming time to 1.5 seconds
    [modified] ctf interface to have an extra null check.
    [script][added] bool CHUD::hasCursor()
    [added] file checking and exception handling to the news reader to help with osx crashes
    [added] file matcher uses its own seeded RNG (not possible to set seed now but gives better distribution anyway)
    [fixed] possible crash when pasting data
    [dev] debug for keypress in osx
    [dev] fixed shader not found spam for failed to compile shaders (just report error once and still add shader, keep shader off)
    [script][added] DrawIcon with scaleX and scaleY params
    [modified] filtermodded to "dont care" by default
    [modified] gender is psuedo-randomly assigned at game initialisation time

Have fun!

Max

Original: http://thd.vg/kag-build-1741-mines-and-coins

Forum Addendum: as with the TR build, this has been posted as the build is going out. Not all builds have completed yet and it'll take a bit of time to propagate through to steam as well.

2. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

But we can place mines on a platform on top of a tower, above a trampoline, and break the platform for bouncy mine goodness (and lots of kills and $$$), no? :smug:

EhRa, AntonioModer and bru-jaz like this.
  3. Geti

Geti Please avoid PMing me (poke a mod instead) THD Team Administrator Global Moderator

Yep, or just put them on a door and open it. I think @ParaLogia has a vid somewhere.

4. RadioActive

RadioActive Guest

Sounds good.
    All I want now is map cycle changed on Official Servers. I guess Furai needs more time, so we have to wait for another game update? Meh..

5. ParaLogia

ParaLogia tired Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

I don't know how long it's been like this, but I've noticed since last build that people don't show the chat emote :uhh:when they're typing anymore.

Was this intentional? It's difficult to tell the difference between chatters and afkers without it.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 22, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2016 ---
    Oh yea here's 2 different methods:

Geti and Psiklaw like this.
  6. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

Now I can be RICH!

7. Loominati

Loominati Shipwright

Yay I got my moneys back. Gib moar moneys plox.

8. SlayerSean

SlayerSean FYI: it's pronounced "seen"

That works, too...

SlayerSean,
    Master of Overcomplication

9. Lava

Lava Former Lag King Staff Alumni Donator Tester

Awesome looking forward to using :mine: again 25252525

10. l3afysamz

l3afysamz Ballista Bolt Thrower

Even the smallest of fixes make me excited.. :ehh:

11. Geti

Potentially, though since there's no accumulated changes pushing out a new build is relatively painless if its in the next week or so. Lucas might also just put them on the official servers manually. It'll get done soon. I'm not looking forward to playing 4 rivers again though tbh, haha.

12. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Bug found:
    When you set/drop/throw a mine over a gap in one surface, the mine will never deploy.
    I know nothing about coding/scripting or whatsoever, but I can imagine this bug happens because of the engine thinking the mine is "falling" indefinetely. So, since the new update, the mine wont deploy because of that.
    2016-01-24_00001.jpg

I hope you found a fix for this. If dont, i personaly preffer having functional mines rather than disabling tower mines (wich is something ive spotted like two times only the whole time i played). Because placing mines on gaps on the ground (not nescessarily on purpose) happens a lot more often than a jerk droping them from towers.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 27, 2016, Original Post Date: Jan 24, 2016 ---
    Little changes i suggest for the next build:
    If the portable mounted bow will permanently remain unavaible (wich i think it's a shame) mounted bow scroll from the merchant in TTH must be removed.
    There's a map in official TDM that has two tramp canons pointing upwards in the middle that I think no longer works a few updates ago. In my opinion, these should be removed or changed for something else, 'cause they are pretty useless now and arent fun to get in.
    2016-01-26_00002.jpg
    ---------edit--------
    Now came to me the memory of someone saying the mounted bow scroll was for the warboat upgrade.
    If this is true, then you should edit the scroll description, because it has no reference of that.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    PinXviiN, toothgrinderx, Geti and 4 others like this.
  13. Potatobird

Potatobird Haxor Forum Moderator Mapping Moderator Tester Official Server Admin

You can also combo the door trick into this method. You have to wait for it to deploy first, of course, unlike in the gif

Coins seem to be back in a good place after playing some!

Just a nice lil' pleasant update :)

14. Geti

@bru-jaz thanks for the report on the mines getting "jammed", will be fixed next build. Might be doing a small one with just the mapcycle updates and a fix for the mines. Not sure about the scroll cause the last time I played TTH is not in recent memory, tbh :/

@Potatobird the door trick into tramp-mine sounds cool and brutal, haha!

Achillios and bru-jaz like this.
  15. bru-jaz

bru-jaz Haxor

Glad to help!
    Sorry . I dont quite understand what you meant by recent memory. Do you mean you dont quite remember? or is it a technical term?. All i can tell the merchant sells this scroll on the official TTH servers:
    2016-01-27_00001.jpg
    I dont have the time to test it by myself, but if it does upgrade the warboat, i think its description must point that out and the scroll should be in the "naval" category.
    Just a little suggestion. Excuse me if im getting annoying

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  16. Geti

The quip about recent memory is just my way of saying I never play TTH so if theres issues there I'm pretty highly likely to miss them.

The Mounted Bow scroll/tech does indeed just upgrade war boats, IIRC MM didn't like that you could use mounted bows for camping, and they were problematic with the building code. It is indeed something that should be adjusted to account for the current behaviour.

bru-jaz likes this.
  17. enderzilla747

enderzilla747 Bison Rider Tester

I have noticed there are 68 Steam achievements for KAG, is there a thread where Devs/Interns tell us their progress since i'm a Forum plebian of KAG?

18. Vamist

Vamist THD Team THD Team Tester

The achievements are for testers only i think, but i'm unsure of when we will get to know them, or get to see how they work/what they do,

19. Geti

Achievements are coming thanks to @norill - bug him for details on when. You can read the achievement suggestions thread for what they are likely to be. They dont do anything other than being achievements, ie crap for ADHD kids to collect/guides to experiencing everything KAG has to offer.

Achillios and SirDangalang like this.
  20. Achillios

Achillios Pilgrim
    1. Gather Oceania

I have completed some of them, yet steam doesn't seem to recognise the fact that I have... its like they have been aded yet they don't work for some reason.