1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

Mac KAG can't authenticate with steam

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Zoomo, May 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoomo

Zoomo Builder Stabber

Category: KAG Client
    Operating system: Mac
    Build number: 1110
    Description: Kag will not authenticate my account to steam, and thinks I haven't yet set up my account with steam.
    Steps to reproduce:
    When KAG is starting up it says authenticating with steam, however it will linger there for a while before a text window pops up saying this:
    Code:
    Could not create KAG account

Details:
    Curl Error in getPlayerInfo():SSL connect error
    (getUniqueAccountName) status -1
    and behind that another text window says:
    Code:
    Could not connect to authentication server. Check your internet connection and try again.

(additional info - Curl Error in getPlayerInfo(): SSL connect error
    and finally behind that there is the window for first time launching from steam(which I had already done before this started happening) which gives you the options "i'm new" or "Link to an existing account"
    If I click link to existing account it says
    Code:
    Could not create KAG account.

Details:
    Curl Error in getPlayerInfo(): SSL connect error
    If, even after that appears I press the link to steam button, it says:
    Code:
    Authentication failed; the authentication server may not be functioning properly.

Please go to https://forum.kag2d.com or e-mail support@thd.vg if the problem persists. Please include the details below:
    ihCurl Error in getMyInfo(): SSL connect error
    If I click the "I'm new." button it will give me two more options. "play as 'Zoomo(my username)'" or "I want to change my name" if I click play as 'Zoomo' then it will authenticate with steam again for a few seconds before saying:
    Code:
    Could not create a KAG account.

Details:
    Unexpected HTTP Status (expected 200) in postSteamCreatePlayer(): 0
    (postSteamCreatePlayer) status 1
    and then:
    Code:
    Cannot authenticate at this time (status: APICLIENT_REQUESTSTATUS_OTHER_ERROR).

(Additional info - Unexpected HTTP Status (expected 200) in postSteamCreatePlayer(): 0 (postSteamCreatePlayer) Status 1)
    And then it brings me back to the same two buttons, if I click the one which says "I want to change my name"
    it brings up text fields for my username, password, and new username. when I click the submit button on this it says the same thing as with the play as 'Zoomo' button.

Screenshots/Videos: I will try to take some and add them when I do.

Sorry this is long. and thank you!

2. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

Check your system date/time.

3. Zoomo

Zoomo Builder Stabber

My date and time is set to automatically update with the internet. my time zone is CDT if thats what your referring to?

4. Asu

Asu THD Team THD Team Forum Moderator

No, I'm talking about BIOS hour. But I guess it doesn't really work like this on Mac. If you don't have any problem on other sites, so it is not a date / hour related SSL issue. ( As SSL uses that data, for expiration if I'm right. )
    Try checking game integrity ( In the steam library, right click on the game, properties and find that )

5. Gurin

Gurin Stop That! Global Moderator Donator Tester

Hi,
    Is this working okay now, are you still having this same problem?

6. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

The account from which you run KAG has to have parental controls being completely turned off. That will solve your issues.

Superblackcat and 101i like this.
  7. Zoomo

Zoomo Builder Stabber

Parental controls shouldn't be on, however i'll check. Sorry for the late reply.
    -EDIT-
    whatever it was that was wrong before is better now. Thanks everyone!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Superblackcat likes this.
  8. Superblackcat

Superblackcat baideist baide Staff Alumni Tester

Fixed. Locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.