1. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG Classic lags heavily

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Zachy7z, Jun 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zachy7z

Zachy7z Catapult Fodder

Hey, I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with this. When opening KAG Classic and playing online or offline I end up with enough lag to prevent me from properly playing. Every two or so seconds the game freezes up.

I've tried some of the solutions on the forums like updating my drivers and editing the autoconfig file, but I still haven't had any success (I'm using Windows 7 64-bit).

Would anyone be able to help? :)

2. Aoki

Aoki Shopkeep Stealer

Hi,

Im afraid for anyone to help you regarding the matter we might require additional information more than just the operating system you use.

To get started here few troubleshooting question you might want to provide;

1. Have you tried restarting your PC after installation?
    2. Do you only face it while playing KAG? how about any other games you might have?
    3. Does your system met the minimum requirement?
    System Requirements
      • OpenGL, 64MB graphics card
      • 2GHz CPU
      • 1GB RAM
      • Windows XP
      • Intel Mac
      • Mac OS X 10.4 or later
      • A Game Account
    4. Have you tried using different resolution? higher / lower, have you tried fullscreen / windowed mode?

anyways Im using win7 x64 as well, no issue with it, I only face lags when playing with lower spec PCs (like not even a graphic card) and I just had to lower the resolution to cope with it (but still lags).

EVEN my higher spec PC lags (graphic) once in a while, I believe it got to do with KAG being still in alpha.

3. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

Apart from the above, check if you are running it in compatibility mode. (right click on KAG, click properties). If you are that's probably the issue since compatibility mode causes frame rate drops in KAG

4. Mazey

Mazey Haxor Global Moderator Forum Moderator Staff Alumni Donator Official Server Admin

Those are false
    I can run kag very smooth with my old 420mb ram and 1,3GHz laptop

5. Zachy7z

Zachy7z Catapult Fodder

This fixed it, sorry for my incompetence and thanks for the help.

6. Kouji

Kouji Cold, Uncaring, Sadistic, Evil and Cruel Meanie Administrator Global Moderator Forum Moderator Tester
    1. MOLEing Over Large Estates - [MOLE]
    2. REKINS OF SEAS: Super Crew of Ultimate Havoking 2: Return of King of KAG: Chapter 420blazeit - REKIN

No problem. Also thread locked since issue is resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.