1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If you have a problem and need help, create a new thread with a title that briefly describes the problem.
    Do not use titles like 'Help!' or 'I have a problem!'
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Guest, is it this your first time on the forums?

Visit the Beginner's Box

Introduce yourself, read some of the ins and outs of the community, access to useful links and information.

Dismiss Notice

KAG error reading news/authentication error with steam

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Mldrm, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Mldrm

Mldrm Horde Gibber

Hello,
    When i start up KAG, the main screen says that it cant read news today, and when the game loads up, it will not let me log in and say that authentication with steam has failed
    This issue has gone on for about a month now, and I really want to play KAG multiplayer again
    I've already tried some of the other things suggested in other forums, but none of them seem to work
    plz help
    -Mldrm

2. Furai

Furai THD Team THD Team Administrator

What operating system? I assume it's windows and you use avast or other "free" antivirus. Disable it or add KAG.exe to exceptions.

3. Mldrm

Mldrm Horde Gibber

I have, my anti virus software has already added KAG.exe to the exceptions and i am running windows 10

4. Furai

Still try disabling it. Something is evidently blocking KAG from connecting to our servers. Might be your firewall.

5. Mldrm

Mldrm Horde Gibber

okay, will try
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 25, 2016 ---
    Thank you so much! Turns out my anti-Virus was corrupted for one reason or another, and it for some reason was blocking KAG so I uninstalled it, and now KAG works!

6. Furai

Great! What AV was that? Also - did you upgrade to win 10 or was it clean installation?

7. Mldrm

Mldrm Horde Gibber

I use AVG and I believe that it what may have happened
    thanks again!